Wanna thank my old trail buddy Jon for making this happen and Darren for meeting us for the second part of the ride. We built a few good camp fire stories on this ride..

Jon and I Left sd friday 9pm, back sd 24hours later, 250miles.

8 to Alpine, up viejas, then skyline, a bit cold but beautiful moonless night on the trails, gas in julian, from there all dirt down to tapiado.. were we set camp around 2 or 3am. 8am saturday it was on again. Diablo, fish (busy there!), goat trail etc, eventually popped out on pegleg rd for lunch and beer in Borrego. Finally up culp, grapevine and backup to julian on dirt again with wrinkles.. Left Darren on s1, Jon and I reversed back down skyline etc back to SD..

Chasing jon around with the 2 wheel rarely aligned. going over that one tree log 1am on a tight single track and loaded bikes. The wildlife we came upon throughout this ride. seeing Darren popup at camp with only one glove on and a smile. surfing up and down diablo and the overall soft conditions in Anza Borrego right now (full throttle in the "sand river" like woaaa!!). Burrito in BS.  Running into BP619 in borrego. Jon's "let do this" attitude. Darren's "**** yea" attitude. Whateva else i forget.

Good spirits. Good riding. Good people. Till next time

IMG_20181110_100100.jpg

Thanks guys. Nuthin but good times!

Gotta love waking up on the side of trail already geared up and your buddies bike as the alarm clock... Time to RIDE! :thumbsup_anim:

20181110_064856.jpg

20181110_093353.jpg

Untitled.png

Awesome trip, funny as i was sitting down at lunch in borrego and randomly look out and go oh hey thats kato, oh and jon behind him. Good saying hi and glad you got out

Big game, wildman Darren, haha. Fox, owls, deer, hawk, crow and the usual lizards. Stopped for a beer at the cougar din but didn't get any action this time...

Ever wonder what a female mountain lion in heat sounds like? :o

Turn up the volume! NOT COOL

Dont16CougarsBar.jpg

Heck yeah! Sounds like a awesome mini adventure. Was there beer and whiskey? 

Forgot the whiskey, but the beer was tasty. Suds in camp :drinks: