Sign in to follow this  
Oracle

Coolant temperature switch.

Looking for a 100 / 95 radiator temperature switch. I see all the ebay junk out there but finding a good quality part, that's in the USA, is hard to find. Someone have a link or web directions? Also, what temperature are you guys running? 

if this is for your ktms do a google search to buy a temp sensor that fits 80s bmw 318s, same threads and connection as alot of mid 2000's ktm so you can get a euro manufactured sensor instead of ebay junk?1?

I did that on my husaberg 570 same as ktm 530 and 05 ktm 525. cant find the part numbers or temp ratings i used but was lower than o.e.

This is from the "Wee-Beasty" thread on KTM Talk It's a 95/90. Pretty close to what you are looking for?

image.thumb.png.e3964bc810b5769edb9e234ce53653c5.png

Thanks guys, good feedback.

In my search, I did find that Napa part. My concern is that with the lower temp range, the fan will come on more often. And since the fan draws 3 amps, I'd be concerned about it drawing down the battery (my concerns are probably unfounded?). 

It would be nice to know what others are running but it's one of those parts that most people don't pay attention to until they need a new one. 

19 minutes ago, Oracle said:

My concern is that with the lower temp range, the fan will come on more often. And since the fan draws 3 amps, I'd be concerned about it drawing down the battery (my concerns are probably unfounded?). 

I don't think that would be a problem unless the engine was not running.  While running you are making power so it should not impact the battery.