5 hours ago, MauleR said:

Earlier this year....

sketch-1543521601259.png

It really is an amazing place to ride,  we are very fortunate to have this beautiful Mexican peninsular so close to home...

I’ve read on another forum that they are checking 100% of bikes for registration coming across the border in Tecate. Not sure how accurate that is but make sure you have your paperwork on your bike. I’ll be getting my FMM card along with Bowers  Friday morning. 

Msy not be needed but it’s free and why take a chance.

Covered In Documents 

10 hours ago, Covered in Dust said:

I’ve read on another forum that they are checking 100% of bikes for registration coming across the border in Tecate. Not sure how accurate that is but make sure you have your paperwork on your bike. I’ll be getting my FMM card along with Bowers  Friday morning. 

Msy not be needed but it’s free and why take a chance.

Covered In Documents 

Pretty sure the tourist visa is still around $24 cash.

21 hours ago, Covered in Dust said:

A little teaser pic.

98C8C9ED-29B1-43E6-9C45-D7684D73ADD4.jpeg

What a great photo! Catching the spirit of the moment. 

4 minutes ago, SoCalMule said:

Pretty sure the tourist visa is still around $24 cash.

FMM is not a tourist visa- it's an FMM.

Tourist visa is a different document, and not necessary for short-term travel in the tourist zone.

Just now, paulmbowers said:

FMM is not a tourist visa- it's an FMM.

Tourist visa is a different document, and not necessary for short-term travel in the tourist zone.

Okay thanks Paul. 

For those like me that don't know... a FMM is: Forma Migratoria Multiple (FMM). 

17 minutes ago, SoCalMule said:

For those like me that don't know... a FMM is: Forma Migratoria Multiple (FMM). 

Duh. 

I totally knew that. 😏

23 hours ago, Covered in Dust said:

A little teaser pic.

98C8C9ED-29B1-43E6-9C45-D7684D73ADD4.jpeg

That was a GREAT day,  and one of my favorite Baja pictures.....

IMG_1061.jpg

11 minutes ago, Riggerdan said:

IMG_1061.jpg

I wish there was a thumbs up feature that I could use...  but maybe there's not one available because these pictures are so damn obviously a "thumbs up" photograph :good: !!! 

27 minutes ago, Riggerdan said:

IMG_1061.jpg

I should have stated that I was not the photographer. Just like the pic of Rigger and his bike and dog on the beach in Baja.

22 minutes ago, Covered in Dust said:

Anyone going on the ride that wants to get an FMM should fill on e out before reaching the border. Then it will just need the stamp and will expedite the process for everyone.

https://www.inm.gob.mx/fmme/publico/en/solicitud.html

Yes PLEASE. Have you passport ready.

I expect to take the FMM group across the border about 0700. We'll go in shifts- half get the FMM, half watch the bikes, then repeat. Then we'll radio with Dan to group up and head on out.

I'm planning on dotting the I's with the fmm and ins so I'll be crossing with the earlier group... How warm are you all dressing?? It's been cold this week out in east county, I'm hoping it warms up a little!

8 minutes ago, MauleR said:

I'm planning on dotting the I's with the fmm and ins so I'll be crossing with the earlier group... How warm are you all dressing?? It's been cold this week out in east county, I'm hoping it warms up a little!

Bring warm clothes, layers

I'm just going to follow you guys if thats ok....

YES - warm layers Mule the mountains will be colder then Borrego 

14 minutes ago, Riggerdan said:

I'm just going to follow you guys if thats ok....

YES - warm layers Mule the mountains will be colder then Borrego 

Uggggggg! I've got that Borrego thin blood thing! I'm going to look like Ralphie's little brother going to school in that movie "A Christmas Story" :ph34r: 

I don't really have cold weather gear let alone full on rain gear. I was planning on just using my regular pants/Jersey and adding a few layers for warmth but that's not going to fly for three days of riding in rain.

27 minutes ago, Riggerdan said:

Conditions look epic.....

Yep! Bringing layers and a water resistant and wind resistant top layer if necessary. As the kid that I am... I love to jump in puddles! Not Poodles. 

Just bought one of these to add to my kit. Steep and cheap has them available for under $10.

https://www.adventuremedicalkits.com/survive-outdoors-longer-emergency-bivvy.html

https://www.steepandcheap.com/adventure-medical-heatsheets-emergency-bivvy?skid=AMK0135-OR-ONESIZ&ti=U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM6Qml2dnk6MToxOkJpdnZ5

Here is a review.

Review on February 24, 2013

Helped Save A Life

• Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer

Not many people are likely to come on here and review a product that is meant to keep someone alive in an unlikely situation. Especially not after having used it. 

A friend broke his femur while backcountry skiing, and 2 of the 3 partners had these emergency bivies in our bags. Combined with down jackets, goggles, face masks, beanies, food, water,dry layers, and proper care, I believe that these $17 items helped to keep my friend alive until we were able to transport him to the hospital. 

They are small and light and I've never backcountry skied or alpine climbed WITHOUT having one in my bag. On the flipside, they are quite slim and with an immobile leg, it caused too much pain to fit over the body. We ended up slipping one over the patient (albeit with a LOT of pain), and using our teeth to cut the other one in half, to be used as a blanket and tucked in around the patient and under his butt. It tore in a straight line.

Helped Save a Life

CiD

5 hours ago, MauleR said:

I don't really have cold weather gear let alone full on rain gear. I was planning on just using my regular pants/Jersey and adding a few layers for warmth but that's not going to fly for three days of riding in rain.

MauleR - get a set of FROGG TOGGS. They are light weight, pack down small, are sturdy enough to last awhile and not "overly" expensive. And, Kkug recommends 'em! ;)