Sign in to follow this  
Huntndogs

ADV Rally in Julian

Professional Promotion

Somewhat Comical from a Local perspective. Hey Make some Money, Sell some equipment. Go For It. Now I know how Colorado Guys feel.

Bags

Just to be clear, I am not affiliated or promoting, just sharing the link I saw.  I dont have a bike big enough to play rally anyhow. If posting was a douche move, I’ll delete.

No need to apologize, sharing that was fine.

I almost considered doing it with a friend just to check it out.

Huntn,

No Bad on You, really.  And nothing against anyone having fun on any bike. Personally, the Theatrics of it all, just blows me away. What a spectacle. I can make a spectacle with a good deal less effort.

All in Good Fun.  People gotta figure a way to make money somehow.

Bags

Hey, that's pretty cool.  What I really like about it is the lack of 'group rides', which can sometimes get a bit dusty, monotonous, restrictive etc.

And any reason for riders to get together share stories, campfires, beer and such is a good thing in my book.  Demo ride new bikes? what's not to like about that?

I wish I'd have been creative enough to produce an event like this and make a few bucks doing it.  You never know though, often enough 'promoters' take a loss.

I hope it's extremely successful and the concept grows. We are in a dying sport right now when in my opinion it should be growing exponentially.  Kudos to the promoters and I wish them well.  If I have time enough I'd like to run up there and check out the event and it's vendors, but not sure that'll happen.