Sign in to follow this  
Beezzz

MX Bill Herold - passed away

FYI who knew him.  On Facebook.  A long time SDAR member and avid mountain biker.  He was mountain biking on 10-3-18 in Utah, next day 10-4-18 dead with heart issue (aortic aneurysm).  Wow!  He will be missed.  A terrific guy.  I am grieving his passing.  Post any photos you want to share.

Hello everyone,

We are so shocked and sad to let you know that Bill suffered what we think was an aortic aneurysm this past Thursday afternoon. He leaves behind his loving family and friends, who are too numerous to possibly list here. We are thankful that his last week was filled with his favorite things - Utah bike trip with friends and lots of family time. So many of you have reached out to express your sympathy for us and appreciation for the man who has been a friend, confidant, and fellow adventurer that could always be relied upon. Thank you - it all helps while we deal with the loss.     

- Jan

He is going to be missed so much!

(with his dog in photo)

Image may contain: 16 people, including Bill Herold, people smiling, people sitting, child, outdoor and nature

Some shots from 2010 Utah trip.

IMG_0601.JPG

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0545_1.jpg

IMG_0555_1.jpg

IMG_0556_1.jpg

IMG_0561_1.jpg

IMG_0569_1.jpg

IMG_0580.JPG

IMG_0606.jpg

Bummer - Bought a string dampener from him when he gave up Dual sporting. I rode mtn bikes with him one time up in Laguna and was impressed when he said he rode up their 2-3-4 times a week on those trails. Loved smokers and single track to the fullest. 

Unbelievable--so sudden!  Fun to ride with, totally enjoyed the times we rode together.  

Oh damn, I knew Bill for years... sad news.

He lived life.

I’ll let you guys know when service is. 

Close friend and neighbor. 

Big respect for Bill, I met him while moto trail riding up at Corral Canyon in the very early 90s (maybe late 80s when I first got out here) we ran into each other along the moto life path many times over years and he was a very good enduro rider .  He won class in the Tecate HS a while back. He was a true gentleman and lived a great life. Condolences to his family  such an epic dude.  Glad he got in that last Mtn bike trip and lived life to max up until the end. Salute to Bill Herold a man of his convictions.

Please post memorial services as they are known.  

The day before he died, he was mountain biking at 11,000 feet. 

Any correlation to his heart stress and his passing the next day?

Any medical professionals out there?

In an unrelated event, a 55 year old male family friend had a heart attack and died while running a marathon.

He was in excellent shape from appearances.

Is exercise killing people?

How common is it?

Beezzz have known some others that have passed after excerize. I would rather pass away that way than waisting away in a care facility. Get out and do it while you can. 

1 minute ago, kkug said:

Beezzz have known some others that have passed after excerize. I would rather pass away that way than waisting away in a care facility. Get out and do it while you can. 

Same here. 

I want to go out with a bang while having fun. 

Maybe someone will have it on video and post a YouTube Video. 

When I was working in the Sportfishing industry we had 2 elderly gentleman pass away after landing huge tuna. 

I’m good with going that way. 

"it's better to burn out than fade away"-Def Leppard

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Actually Neil Young first.....but the message is the same. Hail to Bill for living a great life a lot of it on 2 wheels.

3 hours ago, robertaccio said:

Actually Neil Young first.....but the message is the same. Hail to Bill for living a great life a lot of it on 2 wheels.

Agreed; and I stand corrected!

can you guys edit the title...pasted away...

Thank you for asking that, Robert; I noticed it but felt weird about saying something.

Why feel weird about it...just ask next time, I didn't even notice.

A couple pics from the times I spent with Bill..Typical load for a ride at his cabin in Utah.Image may contain: car and outdoor

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png