CPRides

Pavement pound to AIMEXPO Vegas

Hello everyone,

I am beginning planning what will be a late ride to Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas on Friday 12OCT2018. We would stay overnight and go to the AIMEXPO on Saturday for most of the day then ride back late on Saturday. AIMEXPO is America’s largest motorcycle expo and only happens once a year. The meetup time will probably be around 5PM location still TBD. Tickets for the Expo are $15 for the one day pass. Just looking to see if anyone is interested in group riding in and possibly splitting hotel rooms to keep the cost low. I’ll keep and eye on the post for people who are interested or you can txt me at (540) 907-0283. Here is a link to the Expo website so you can see what it’s all about: https://aimexpousa.com/ should be a good time 

AIMEXPO Americas largest motorcycle expo on saturday is an awesome display of the latest technologies.  It is very informative and a worthwhile venue.

Are you going to ride any dirt roads transitioning  to ADV on your way back from the AIMEXPO ?

Unfortunately I have to work on Friday and Sunday so it will probably be late when I’m leaving like around 4 PM and its about a 5 hour trip there. if I can get Friday off then I would absolutely try to do a little desert riding on the way. As of now though it’ll just be a long ride on the road to get there before it gets too late.

Hope you take the back roads.  so much better on a bike, but takes a bit longer.

18 hours ago, KTMrad said:

Hope you take the back roads.  so much better on a bike, but takes a bit longer.

Any spots you would recommend specifically 

79 to 271 to Anza to 74 down to Palm Desert, then back roads thru 29 Palms, Amboy, Cima and Kelso...drops you out by State Line...no freeway !

Such a better route...if u can't do all that, then 15 to 215 to 10e to the turnoff for 29 Palms, then continue on route I mentioned above. It might add 1 to 2 hours...but no traffic !