San Diego Adventure Riders
Sign in to follow this  
PbdBlue

FS - Delorme Inreach SE

In excellent condition. I've used this for a couple of years with zero issues. SDAR member price $100.

5b9a92aad4f49_inreachse.jpg.4df7680eacc57333662c6fb608e1f419.jpg

I bought the Garmin SE+ because I wanted the USB powered cradle to use in my 4wd since we do a lot of remote camping. On the bike you don't really need or want the cradle. Typically a full day of riding with the tracking feature on depletes the battery less than 20%. I thought about the new Spot unit but it's bigger and does not have bluetooth which is huge for the way I use it. That and I've had very good experience with the Delorme\Garmin Inreach. 100% success on messaging always.

Hey pbd, do you, or someone else know, if you have 2 of them, is there any discount on the monthly fee, or is it simply double the fee to be live linked to 2 radios?  I own one already, but have considered having 2 of them.

If some of the fellas who ride long remote trips in groups don't have this, I would highly recommend it.  There are a bunch of good reasons to own one.

I don't know for sure but think there's no discount. Having two is pretty handy. You can text Inreach to Inreach without cell service. Bagstr and I tried this out over at the 3 Step in UT and it worked pretty slick. I almost thought about just holding on to this as a 2nd unit for just that purpose. Nice thing about Inreach is that you can suspend or change service plans month to month. I usually just have the basic plan but if I'm planning a big trip I'll upgrade to the recreation plan for a month and then drop it back down. This is a great deal for someone. If you look on Ebay you'll see these going used for $150 - $200+. 

Sign in to follow this