Sign in to follow this  
amgems

Lemon Law Attorney

GM Customer Service (an oxymoron) has been pretty much useless.

Can anybody recommend a good local Lemon Law Attorney?

Thanks

Douglas C. Sohn ESQ

(619) 237-7646 

dsohn@sohnlaw.com

I've used him several times, and referred him successfully to another member.

On 9/7/2018 at 10:59 AM, vanjoosten said:

Douglas C. Sohn ESQ

(619) 237-7646 

dsohn@sohnlaw.com

I've used him several times, and referred him successfully to another member.

Erik referred me to Doug Sohn. I subsequently hired him to file a lemon law claim against BMW in regards to a BMW 530.

I would definitely recommend him. He made the process simple and we got a lot more money back than I expected. 

Is it a safety related issue or is it an out of service issue?  Safety related issues like mine was get you fast tracked.  I had a TPMS sensor seal that failed that the dealership just refused to take the tire off to check twice and that made it a whole lot easier to get my money back from 500 miles into ownership.  Otherwise it's based off of time out of service which is a much bigger pain in the posterior.  The book Lemon-aid explains a lot but +1 on the Auto Fraud Legal Center as that is who my co-worker used on his Nissan Pathfinder.  I was stupid enough to take on the manufacturer myself and it took a year to be settled with all of the jerking around the arbitration process does.

Engine mechanical issues. 2018 Chevy 2500HD bought in Feb. In for major engine issues 3 times. I told them I wanted a new engine 2nd time it was in. Dealer and Service Rep at Jimmie Johnson Chevy agreed. GM would not allow it. The 3rd time (oil pump) it dies on me in Colorado. Stuck there for 6 days. Started case with GM "Customer Service" for engine replacement or buy back. No action. I've read up a bit on the lemon laws and they say to try to take it as far as you can with the manufacturer and do not mention you will take it to a lemon law attorney. I've been doing that, but see no resolution anytime soon. They say the letter from the attorney showing up without warning has a better effect than if they were expecting it.

• 1st time - Failed lifter and broken rocker arm 3/28/18 - 678 miles
  • 2nd time - Multiple bent push rods, broken rocker arms, failed lifters - 4/17/18 - 976 miles
  • 3rd time - Oil Pump Failure, Metal found in oil pump - 8/16/18 - 3408 miles  

Thanks for the recommendations guys!

You are just a Trouble Maker!  Don't you know you are hurting the image of corporate America?  Corporations are people too, they have feelings.

:lol:    Best of Luck

Anyone who tries to do this on their own is making a mistake. The attorney fees get added to the payback so it doesn't come out of your pocket. Have your paper works lined up, a outline of your service history, and call an attorney and they will take it from there. If it not winable, they will let you know right up front. And believe me, it takes less than you might think to get the manufacture to buy back your vehicle.

26 minutes ago, Bagstr said:

You are just a Trouble Maker!  Don't you know you are hurting the image of corporate America?  Corporations are people too, they have feelings.

:lol:    Best of Luck

You're right Bagstr......I'm just a bully, picking on poor little GM. 

9 minutes ago, Oracle said:

Anyone who tries to do this on their own is making a mistake. The attorney fees get added to the payback so it doesn't come out of your pocket. Have your paper works lined up, a outline of your service history, and call an attorney and they will take it from there. If it not winable, they will let you know right up front. And believe me, it takes less than you might think to get the manufacture to buy back your vehicle.

I have shared my story with others on a few GM / Chevy truck forums and many of the responses are the same as these comments. I have a large portfolio of documentation, emails, service records, etc. None of the posts I have read have lost, once they hit the attorney button. Some have even received damages above and beyond the value of the vehicle. I just have one more step to take with the dealership, kind of a formality, and then I'll start the process. I like the fact that Mr Sohn has a good track record and will likely call him. But ya never know...A miracle could happen and I'll get a call from GM Monday morning, "Mr Martin we have your new engine waiting for you, come on it and we'll drop it in for you". Yeah right? The weirdest part of this so far has been the GM Customer Service guy. It is unbelievable how freaking bad this guy is. I can't figure out if they train them to act the way they do, or if he is completely incompetent, and was hired because of that. Very strange process.