Jump to content
San Diego Adventure Riders

Recommended Posts

The wife & I hit the dez early Labor Day yesterday. A quick 60 mi. loop out to Superstition, Second Trestles and back to the Lazy Lizard for our just reward, beer and nachos. It was hitting 95 by noon, but the earlier day was awesome.  Flash floods had smoothed out some of the washes and the wind others. It was great right up to the point where I hit a BIG quicksand pocket coming out of the dunes and endo'd at about 35 mph. Another schooling the desert offers. Thankfully a soft landing and no real harm done.  Desert Season is near.........

20180903_093521.thumb.jpg.b1c6f2d706356cfef541ae150511feae.jpg

20180903_093527.thumb.jpg.d9e8692f00090580dbf372b166ea1738.jpg

20180903_093533.thumb.jpg.777dd909103386f8144aed48da2ee5ba.jpg

20180903_093541.thumb.jpg.a8842d10f67b5799975d0ca0b749beed.jpg

20180903_093548.thumb.jpg.f6f948a5c475a7b68420ac2604dd104e.jpg

20180903_094222.thumb.jpg.7c84879e618d90359c2fa056f53216a9.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Endo'd! You! So much for the big S on your chest.

:(

I didn't know you were taking your bike.

I might have gone if I had known.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wildwood...  well done, and the rigs are color coordinated too?!?!  Oh my, there is no catching up with you :) ........  unless you endo, but I don't want you to do that again!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was out in Ocotillo Wells riding with my kids. We almost made a loop over to Super but I decided against it since we had the entire OHV area to ourselves... We can't wait for desert season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice. We went Saturday morning early. 

Nice temps in the morning. 

Lots of untracked sand. 

Even more quicksand. 

I did an unexpected 180 for no foreseeable reason in the soft stuff. 

Got up laughing. 

Morning temps are perfect right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wierdrider said:

Any video of the end?

 

Sadly......no   It would have been a winner.  From day to night to day in a second. crazy. I noticed the color coordination going on in that pic too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ken S said:

Nice. We went Saturday morning early. 

Nice temps in the morning. 

Lots of untracked sand. 

Even more quicksand. 

I did an unexpected 180 for no foreseeable reason in the soft stuff. 

Got up laughing. 

Morning temps are perfect right now. 

Yeah Ken, I wanted to answer your call of the Saturday ride but couldn't get it together. I've seen you race, I think you would wear me out anyway.  Do you play on the same bike as you race out there?

Uncle Champ: In my defense, I think I earned points getting back the S when I roosted Amber GOOD for getting stuck on the ridge. Of course she didn't know I did it on purpose (unless you tell her) :hmmph: Again....sadly.....no vid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, wildwood said:

Yeah Ken, I wanted to answer your call of the Saturday ride but couldn't get it together. I've seen you race, I think you would wear me out anyway.  Do you play on the same bike as you race out there?

Uncle Champ: In my defense, I think I earned points getting back the S when I roosted Amber GOOD for getting stuck on the ridge. Of course she didn't know I did it on purpose (unless you tell her) :hmmph: Again....sadly.....no vid

I play on the 500 but racing the Yamaha 450.

Its better in the sand and whoops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ken S said:

I play on the 500 but racing the Yamaha 450.

Its better in the sand and whoops

Just wondered. The WR450F looks like a great bike. Jerry Jones raced on those for years and crushed'em in D37, D38 & BITD. Now if they would come out with a plated version of it the world would be right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×