Sign in to follow this  
Wierdrider

Palomar Divide 9-2

What a nice way to start the new retired week. Getting up at 6AM is not my way anymore if I don't need to. Today I needed and it paid negative back. I where tire during the whole ride, might also come from the painkiller I take the last days. First group meet with 3 more riders at Packard's in Ramona and right into the dirt. Black Canyon, Mesa Grande to the Hideout. here we picked up (MIKE?). after a short stop we made it to the entrance for the Palomar truck trail. Easy pace, no lay downs only one broken rear shock with ride retirement. After lunch in Anza we split up, 3 Mopeds went on to Thomas MT and more. Me and KTM 1190 Mike went home. Good ride and know is time to enjoy the rest of the ???? day weekend.

Thanks for posting.

DSC02753.JPG

After Palomar Divide & lunch in Anza... Jim, Mike, and me headed up and over Thomas Mountain, then back thru Anza and down Cooper Cienega / Lost Valley to 79. (The  shooting range near Twin Lakes was packed with partiers so we peed somewhere else).  Thanks all!

C1BFBC2B-E97C-417B-8FCC-08B787B3793F.jpeg

Sorry, I cut the BMW in half.  Unforgivable:

29A03AB1-124B-4C6B-BC25-58DCC191CFC0.jpeg

8EA79943-9230-4C48-A61C-19038AA60EFF.jpeg

Thomas Mtn:

F46EB60A-BA83-4AAE-8332-956BDD3A278B.jpeg

Oh one more thing.  I lost my metal tool carrier cover somewhere on this ride.  If you find it, free six pack! (Yes, this is the second time I lost this bugger).

IMG_0756_zps7fb3152c.jpg

7 minutes ago, tvscum said:

Oh one more thing.  I lost my metal tool carrier cover somewhere on this ride.  If you find it, free six pack! (Yes, this is the second time I lost this bugger).

IMG_0756_zps7fb3152c.jpg

Must have lost it after Lunch. I Did see it in ANZA.

Here’s the mopeds on top of Thomas Mountain 

Great ride today, thanks for posting up Mark. Thanks for the extended tour David, and Mike, you got to check off three rides in one day on your first official ride as a San Diego adventure rider.??

4B788246-5884-4828-B0D2-053F42CC2567.thumb.jpeg.7ae944eb3d8bdb912b8210e9943daa53.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Wierdrider said:

Damnit Jim, I did see your lid! I just can’t remember where? SORRY 

I would guess around here, maybe?

Dropped Pin
near California Riding and Hiking Trail, Warner Springs, CA 92086
https://goo.gl/maps/cv9SM3XRdVP2

1 hour ago, Mr.JAJA said:

Must have lost it after Lunch. I Did see it in ANZA.

Thanks for narrowing it down guys!  Looks like it's halfway between Anza and Warner Springs.

Thanks everyone for coming out and making a new member feel welcomed. It was a fun ride, perfect weather, good tacos, and great company. 

Very much looking forward to getting together again soon and riding new trails. 

AB4E6328-49D1-4031-9FF5-AA4566F5CFDC.jpeg

11 hours ago, tvscum said:

Nice ride everyone!  Here’s SANRider coming out the bottom of Palomar Divide. (Edit:  mmm, I guess you have to download video?)

46D96DCD-6186-463B-B306-21DB55790A8E.MOV

All I'm getting is the audio. Which is good, because I'm sure my approach sounded better than it looked. :lol:

4 hours ago, SANRider said:

All I'm getting is the audio. Which is good, because I'm sure my approach sounded better than it looked. :lol:

I tried uploading with my mobile phone and the audio got out of sync.  If you have quicktime on your windows computer you might be able to view it.  Not worth posting on youtube IMO.

Principals office....lol.

Video worked great for me.

Circus finger get anoyher ride going plz. Im bummed i had to sit it out.

2 hours ago, 350thumper said:

Principals office....lol.

Video worked great for me.

Circus finger get anoyher ride going plz. Im bummed i had to sit it out.

I'll try to do some research on some good trails and route. Keep an eye out on the informal ride.

Bummed I missed it.  I spend Saturday changing both tires, rejetting, replacing bad seals etc...    Bike was all done, then at 11 pm I got a text from an old friend asking if I wanted to ride MX instead, so chose that.  All set for next trip