Sign in to follow this  
wildwood

Drooler's Delight Sunday 9am ksu

So the temp's in the mountains are backing off, and I need to finish up breaking in my TE 310 rebuild, so a casual ride around Laguna Mtns. is in order. If anyone's up for a 9am KSU (kick stands up) from the Descanso Park-N-Ride, we'll head out Boulder Creek Rd. to Cedar Creek TT, connect to Eagle Peak Rd. and head to Nickle Beer Co. through Julian for a little break. From there we would head back towards Laguna taking S1 to Deer Park Rd. intersecting  Pine Creek Rd.  to Pine Valley. From there it would be Old 80 back into Descanso.

This ride is probably Big Bike intermediate with some rutted and sandy roads. A little bike would be fine with some fun challenging sections for noob's with some experience.  The route has several bail out or jump in sections, maybe 50 mi. between gas stations. 

That's it.  

Photo: Bill P. on the trail back in 2014. Where's he been anyway?

BillP.thumb.jpg.dedd8aa710be728bff16c380e1acba06.jpg

you have a great bike! basically a 2018/19 SWM RS300R...and its the  bullet proof older Italian 250/450 heavy duty engine platform.

day2-05.thumb.jpg.9f7f2c7b3ccf02fc1b320aa1b03d173b.jpg

2 hours ago, robertaccio said:

you have a great bike! basically a 2018/19 SWM RS300R...and its the  bullet proof older Italian 250/450 heavy duty engine platform.

It's been a great bike. Excellent shock package front and back, tuned by Suspension 101 of course. Nice to have the backup kick start too. I think I take it beyond it's natural element doing as many street miles as I do with the close ratio 6 speed. The crank & piston rod finally had enough, caught it early though.  I've raised the gearing now to a 15/47 and just have to live with it. 

Good machine, keep it running and it will bring you years of fun!

Lurking...I could take a break from my usual summer venue in the San Bernardinos.

44 minutes ago, dirt dame said:

Lurking...I could take a break from my usual summer venue in the San Bernardinos.

Cool, Uncle Champ's in for tomorrow too.  I'd love to tag along on one of your excursions up there too some time. It's getting frustrating around hear trying to put a fun route together with all the trail gating going on.  

Hey Wildwood, Just saw your post, and went out to the garage to think about doing a bunch of maintenance.....  but maybe one more quick ride so I can burn off that last mm of tire tread - haha.  Leaving from La Mesa, but may run late, so don't wait, I will follow up according your route description, with a midday brew in the mountains as a goal. Thanks. 

Jim's coming up Viejas Grade to join in at Perkins Store, so we're going to stop there briefly around 9:10.

Boo I miss dual sporting, need to make more of an effort this winter. Hit single track pretty hard last year

Jim what time you going to be at nickel ?

PS same bottome end as the 450/510, tough powerplant. best of future luck, when and if the SWM line gets imported you will have a good source for updated parts.

6 hours ago, robertaccio said:

PS same bottome end as the 450/510, tough powerplant. best of future luck, when and if the SWM line gets imported you will have a good source for updated parts.

That's really good news. I've been considering letting the bike go for lack of future parts. I put a replacement OEM crank in this current rebuild. It took a while to get all the parts ( and expensive), but I did do it as right as I could.