2nd attempt, last year way more prepared but crashed out 18miles into loop 2, this year kept saying was gonna start training for endurance 6months out but stuff kept coming up and never really got into it until race day. This year 2019 plan to hit puerta series and couple other events and keep training in between to get into shape.

hey Im still paying for that one.....missing all this great weather due to overworking my body and compounding injury to my already tweaked spine. Getting too old for this!!!

I started out riding like it was going to be a long day but still trying to go a respectable pace.  It didn't take long to switch to 'just finish this' mode.

I hope some of you grab some youtube viddy, I found a bunch but cant post it here. it never pastes.  youtube sesarch Tecate enduro 2018

6 minutes ago, SoCalMule said:

Nice video of the event! Just wondering if you had any check points? Did you have to ride on your minute? roll charts? computers? Or was it more like a Hare Scramble? 

Its a full on sprint enduro, but a long loop version of the sprint enduro rules. Pre Assigned a minute (4 riders per minute), show up on your minute to Loop 1 start  go when told/on your minute race until the end of loop\\/check point. stay ahead of the clock and have a break between then show up for L2 on your assigned minute and go when told/on your minute and race until the end of the loop check, repeat same for loop 3.  All the times have been provided by the club no calculation/addition/time keeping/ etc.  easy format no need for gadgets, but nice to have a clock or a watch to keep an eye on your time. the between loop breaks are calculated in with the 2 to 3 break being lunch break and longer then the 1-2 break.

In a nut shell you show up and ride that's it. You just need to know your loop start times and be at the line for each one, early you wait until your time comes up, late you go to the late line and they send you off asap. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robertaccio said:

Its a full on sprint enduro, but a long loop version of the sprint enduro rules. Pre Assigned a minute (4 riders per minute), show up on your minute to Loop 1 start  go when told/on your minute race until the end of loop\\/check point. stay ahead of the clock and have a break between then show up for L2 on your assigned minute and go when told/on your minute and race until the end of the loop check, repeat same for loop 3.  All the times have been provided by the club no calculation/addition/time keeping/ etc.  easy format no need for gadgets, but nice to have a clock or a watch to keep an eye on your time. the between loop breaks are calculated in with the 2 to 3 break being lunch break and longer then the 1-2 break.

In a nut shell you show up and ride that's it. You just need to know your loop start times and be at the line for each one, early you wait until your time comes up, late you go to the late line and they send you off asap. 

Thanks Robert, I'm so used to the old way, where everyone is trying to figure out where the "possibles" could be, and watching for the "clubs putting in checks where you can't see them hiding." Being required to keep your feet on the pegs, balancing statically on the bike, prior to crossing the check on your minute when you were running early was difficult. A 24 mph speed average in the tights can really get hairy. I hated being early and getting caught... receiving a five minute penalty. I used to try to start as close to minute 30 with the AA riders... so the early rows can mark the coarse a bit, and the pros never held me up thats for sure! Really sounds/looks like a fun race in the hills of Tacate! 

Cheers! Mule

Thankfully the old way is a dying method. the organizers just don't get the entries they need , with the sprint enduro type format even MX bikes can be ridden and its super simple to ride, without any thought just go at the start and stop at the finish. D37 has a full sprint enduro series for 2019.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 10:25 AM, SoCalMule said:

Thanks Robert, I'm so used to the old way, where everyone is trying to figure out where the "possibles" could be, and watching for the "clubs putting in checks where you can't see them hiding." Being required to keep your feet on the pegs, balancing statically on the bike, prior to crossing the check on your minute when you were running early was difficult. A 24 mph speed average in the tights can really get hairy. I hated being early and getting caught... receiving a five minute penalty. I used to try to start as close to minute 30 with the AA riders... so the early rows can mark the coarse a bit, and the pros never held me up thats for sure! Really sounds/looks like a fun race in the hills of Tacate! 

Cheers! Mule

This is my "roll Chart!!"  this is all you need for these events and also where my stick on clock was.....it was gone by the 3rd loop. I was #1 rider on the 66th minute (661) us old geezers are started back....way back. the LAMC speed average was calculated at 16 mph....seems slow....NOT.

But no excuses,  the one guy on my minute finished 2nd 50+ open (LR is that one guy) another finished 14th, with me 15th 50 open the other DNF'd

time card.jpg

7 minutes ago, robertaccio said:

This is my "roll Chart!!"  this is all you need for these events and also where my stick on clock was.....it was gone by the 3rd loop. I was #1 rider on the 66th minute (661) us old geezers are started back....way back. the LAMC speed average was calculated at 16 mph....seems slow....NOT.

But no excuses,  the one guy on my minute finished 2nd 50+ open (LR is that one guy) another finished 14th, with me 15th 50 open the other DNF'd

time card.jpg

Sounds really fun... where the rider can keep his head on the trail instead of calculations. Was LR Larry Rossler that was on your minute and finished 2nd overall 50+ ? I rode a AMA National event near him back a long time ago. He was on a KX. I'd be riding D37 SE as a 60 YO come this April. Not sure if a 450 exc would be much fun after six hours of hard riding though. Lurking...

On 12/31/2018 at 10:25 AM, SoCalMule said:

" I hated being early and getting caught... receiving a five minute penalty. "

That "burned" me on one of the early Tecate 2-day enduro's back in the late 70's. Came to a spot where some guys were just sitting there. When I stopped to ask, a guy told me I better wick it up if I didn't want to be late. I gassed it and arrived at the next check in about a quarter mile   two minutes early. Can only blame myself since I  didn't know how to keep time (or have the equipment to do it).

19 hours ago, robertaccio said:

Jackie Daily #841 !!!!!

She's a beast, last bad crash I had was first real ride with her, Owen and pops. I kept keeping an eye on her right behind me thinking she would fumble in rocks. Then all of a sudden I crash hard on Rocky downhill looking back to make sure she was ok. She ended up passing me twice after that. Haha😂😂

• Like 1