www.losancianos.com      News,  whos who of pros as for ammies whos who of legends national international competitors champs and ISDE veterans....and solid ammie riders.. loads of trail talent this year.

Robertaccio' s goal, is top 10 in the 50+ Open class we have 61 SSEN this year, its doable for trophy position. 

We are on Min 68 key. Reed,Dax,LR,Rob

SDAR minute mates crew on min 61, Ty,BP,MtnMan,Blake

SDAR everyone pin yer hopes on getting at least some moisture into the soil!!!thx-pray for rain before or even during the event.

BTW my OA money is once again on Gnarley Gary. It was going to be on Rediciotto, but he flew back to Italia for a while.

Yup pretty excited, havent really trained at all so not ready for that but give it all i got. Nicely stacked pro class, bummer for noah hopefully he can top 3 

Oh and yes everyone start your rain dancing, did not have fun at all 1st half of 1st lap last year 

Just now, Ptkatoomer said:

Looks like you guys might just have perfect conditions !

Hopefully dont think it rained much in mtn or mexico, yesterday showed Wednesday-friday rain now thursday and Saturday anything is better than nothing

yes perfect conditions to get beat down all day!!! Also for my ride crew Alleve is the special sauce!!!!

coming down Friday late morning time frame, can finalize exact time at Tecate border if anyone want to caravan from the Tecate border to RSV.

That is a good goal.  I have about 20 pounds of Ballinger Canyon mud to get off my bike from this past week.

Glad you are on board Matt, we will be trying for our usual northwest corner camp zone spot in the parking area. Wear your TM Racing Factory jacket so we can spot you from a mile away!!

Got moved up to minute 33 on latest revision. Can anyone point me to the driving directions to RSC? I’m pretty sure I know where it is but just want to double check so I’m not driving around lost like a stupid gringo. Also I’m planning on camping (air mattress in bed of truck), is that a good idea? I’m kind of a noob at racing south of the border 

1 hour ago, TexasDualler said:

Got moved up to minute 33 on latest revision. Can anyone point me to the driving directions to RSC? I’m pretty sure I know where it is but just want to double check so I’m not driving around lost like a stupid gringo. Also I’m planning on camping (air mattress in bed of truck), is that a good idea? I’m kind of a noob at racing south of the border 

Go couple blocks south once you cross then go east on hwy 2 theres a toll and free road ive taken both. You will see signs on highway for Santa veronica. Plenty of signage to not get lost. For the sleeping in bed that will do plenty of others in trailers, vans, and tents also. Fyi gonna get cold at night and possible high % of rain so be advised

Ride on. I usually bring an EZ up to put over the bed for weather protection while sleeping and I have plenty of cold weather attire. Thanks for the heads up

It looks like I will not even be able to wash my bike until Thursday afternoon.

I have 2 beds unaccounted for in the RV. 

this is getting interesting.........and with the rain I may take you ISDE97 up on the RV dry space offer.

For all the crew,  dual pane goggles and or safety glasses, under vest fleece type that keeps your core warm even when wet, enduro/rain jacket, extra gloves in pit pack, tape around boots, tape a clear lens onto your visor as an extension. try best not to follow the dug in groove line especially in water crossings stay to the side as much as possible, unless it works and railroad track. ISDE97 any other prerace wet tips.

Yup got my dewalt safety goggle ready.  My trailer gonna be crammed with 5 stinky sweaty dudes trying to stay dry.

Good tip on the clean goggles taped to visor, 

be sure grips are well glued and safety wired....worse thing is having them become spinning throttles on both sides and sliding off the bars.

goal to finish with a solid bike and somewhat together body accomplished, goal for a top 10 in class, nope not this year, 15th 50+ SSEN. 2017 TX300 Husqvarna, 3 stroke

Congrats to all our SDAR participants course completed or not you guys all rock, keep doing it , it took me the third one before I even finished one. but with zero DNF since 97 it a great feeling to finally see the checkers. You really need to earn a finish in these LAMC events. Best conditions for racing in years. search youtube  Tecate Enduro 2018 lots of viddy being posted.

It was my first attempt at this race so I had set my expectations pretty low and I can say I walked away with my head held high and some good knowledge for how to prepare for and and what to expect for next year's race. I finished the second loop with about a minute left to start the final loop. Mentally I wanted to go the distance but physically my body said no. Major cramping in my legs and I was at a point where I knew if I kept going I was going to get hurt. I'll be back again next year more physically prepared. Course was super fun and you couldn't possibly get any better conditions. That chocolate dirt was very nice