Sign in to follow this  
RobATK94

New to me 200xcw, keeping the bike in SDAR

Picked up an 06 KTM 200xc-w from another member.  The last 2 owners have been SDAR members and did an incredible job building this thing up for single track.  This thing is a trail weapon!  The 200 exceeded all my expectations and is a blast to rip around the trail.  Shot some video of the first ride. Hit hixon to just get a feel for it and see what it's all about.  Got to do some very minor adjustments and I felt really confident on taking it to some of the hard stuff out this way and up north.  I totally get the whole less is more concept with this bike.     

Nice glad to see bike is working out. Fun little ripper. I still haven't ridden as fast as I did on that bike on this one section at McCain super tight and twisty between windmills as I did on that 12 year old 200, it put my 1 year old 300 to shame

The XR650R is gone now, and going from that to this little 200 it feels like everything is out of control.  I forgot what its like to have a light bike where small body changes make big effects on the bike.  Having a bike that can stop on a dime is pretty nice.  Im squeezing the brake like im still on a 300+ lbs bike and stopping 100ft short from where I need to be.  its great. 

Finally getting back to some of these trails where the XRR was just a handful in sandy side hills and steep declines.