Fuel filter Video for KTM by Rocky Mountain

1 hour ago, Bagstr said:

Oops. Never replaced that pump screen.

Gotta order three.

Just now, paulmbowers said:

Oops. Never replaced that pump screen.

Gotta order three.

Ah. The plot thickens.

One cannot purchase that screen by itself- one needs to purchase 81207090100 filter kit which sells, with the discount, for $50.24 and includes the Mahle plastic filter and the screen. I've been using the Mahle KL97 from eBay providers at $6.24 each.

Maybe a good blast of Berryman's B12 Chemtool when I change the filter next time.

2 hours ago, paulmbowers said:

Ah. The plot thickens.

One cannot purchase that screen by itself- one needs to purchase 81207090100 filter kit which sells, with the discount, for $50.24 and includes the Mahle plastic filter and the screen. I've been using the Mahle KL97 from eBay providers at $6.24 each.

Maybe a good blast of Berryman's B12 Chemtool when I change the filter next time.

Exactly what I do. Clean screen and Ebay mahle filters last one I got 2 weeks ago was $6.94 ridiculous 

Dang, that's a lot of work for a fuel filter. I just picked up a 2014 500 EXC so have't had the pleasure of doing this yet. It seems like lining the fuel pump with the holes in the bottom of the tank could be a PIA when reinstalling.

Just now, Oracle said:

Dang, that's a lot of work for a fuel filter. I just picked up a 2014 500 EXC so have't had the pleasure of doing this yet. It seems like lining the fuel pump with the holes in the bottom of the tank could be a PIA when reinstalling.

It does look that way, but it’s really pretty easy. Always fallen in place for me. 

But knowing the previous owner owner of your bike, who can guess? ?

Just now, paulmbowers said:

It does look that way, but it’s really pretty easy. Always fallen in place for me. 

But knowing the previous owner owner of your bike, who can guess? ?

I'm already having fun un-fawking things... :heh: Smoking deal though so no complaints yet.

Thanks for the new plastics BTW! :thumbsup_anim:

Enjoy them. Zero miles, never even rode the bike with those. 

1 hour ago, Oracle said:

Stupid easy to swap filters and take off pumps and swap over

They say 50hrs or 1 year in the filter. I went  6k with no problem .

Just now, Bagstr said:

They say 50hrs or 1 year in the filter. I went  6k with no problem .

Bagster Miles are easy. 

I made a fuel pressure tester using a Harbor Freight gauge, some fuel injection hose, and some cheap ebay quick disconnects. Whole thing was maybe $50. Just plug it inline and start the bike.

There is a trick to get the fittings into the holes in the tank. Tie a piece of thin safety wire onto the fitting and fish it thru the hole and then pull the fitting right into the hole.

gauge.jpg

55 minutes ago, amgems said:

I made a fuel pressure tester using a Harbor Freight gauge, some fuel injection hose, and some cheap ebay quick disconnects. Whole thing was maybe $50. Just plug it inline and start the bike.

There is a trick to get the fittings into the holes in the tank. Tie a piece of thin safety wire onto the fitting and fish it thru the hole and then pull the fitting right into the hole.

gauge.jpg

First, great to know this is a club asset ;  )

Yes, the first time I installed a pump/filter system in a tank, I used the safety wire method- worked great. The subsequent 10 times I've done it (I have three complete tanks now) I've not- and it was faster and easier.

37 minutes ago, paulmbowers said:

First, great to know this is a club asset ;  )

Absolutely. Let me know if you want to test your pressure. Takes about 5 minutes.

5 hours ago, paulmbowers said:

(I have three complete tanks now)

I want to know if you have a bike that the tanks fit   :cowboy:

2 hours ago, Bagstr said:

I want to know if you have a bike that he tanks fit   :cowboy:

Same bike as ever for me. 

I had given my original plastics (that have color) to another member, who subsequently passed them along with that sale.