johnnyg

Regulator/Rectifiers

I replaced my stock, shunt-type r/r with an aftermarket, series type. I test rode this afternoon and I’d swear it felt like it had a little more ooomph (I think I spelled that right). My question is, am I imagining things, or can improved electrics make the bike a bit livelier?

Best regards,

johnnyg

Hmmmmmmm I can’t imagine a different rectifier making a difference but I could be wrong. I can see somehow reducing the electrical loading on the system would make more power (less electrical loading = less counter resistance on the alternator = motor spins freer making more power) ¯\_()_/¯

If the stator is failing, the bike will run like crap until it kills the battery and then it won’t run at all.  So, maybe?

i was talking with a couple car guys, and they both said if the plugs are getting a bit more electricity, they make a better spark?

10 hours ago, tntmo said:

If the stator is failing, the bike will run like crap until it kills the battery and then it won’t run at all.  So, maybe?

i know all about the stator, don't you remember my panicked call to you during our nocal trip last year? 

thanks for the replies.

best regards,

johnnyg