San Diego Adventure Riders
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Veys Powersports is a fantastic dealer and a great sponsor of SDAR.  We will be doing much more with them in the future. Please support those who support us!  When you go in please let them know you are coming from SDAR.

I had just seen this and wanted to pass it on.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/mcd/d/2017-husqvarna-701-enduro/6634540114.html

Anyone able to fill in a little Vey's history? Way back it was a little repair shop in Santee ran by Vey himself, now it's a full on multi brand dealership. If I recall at one point there was the move across the street (Magnolia) and someone else owned or ran it it and Vey just worked there for a while?  There was a counter guy once it crossed the street was a bit of a character, not sure if he was one of the owners at that time or currently. Might have been some brothers? 

56 minutes ago, Oracle said:

Man that 701 is one sick mosheen! If I was relatively certain my wife wouldn't kill me, oh never mind...I can dream.

Did you see the seat height on that beast.  I can only dream of riding it.

Sorry guys I was trying to quote you guys and hit the wrong button. I agree with you Oracle. That bike is a dream and If I could find a way and the wife be ok with it (ya right) it would be in my garage.

On 7/11/2018 at 9:22 AM, Greenhorn said:

Anyone able to fill in a little Vey's history? Way back it was a little repair shop in Santee ran by Vey himself, now it's a full on multi brand dealership. If I recall at one point there was the move across the street (Magnolia) and someone else owned or ran it it and Vey just worked there for a while?  There was a counter guy once it crossed the street was a bit of a character, not sure if he was one of the owners at that time or currently. Might have been some brothers? 

Something like this:  You are right about the origination.  Then (early 2000's) Robert Rosenberg bought Vey's and moved it to Lakeside for a while.  In 2001 Quinsey Kawasaki in El Cajon bought out Lemon Grove Motorcycles and they became Quinsey Powersports (El Cajon and Lemon Grove locations).  In 2009 Robert bought out Quinsey Powersports and moved the Lakeside store to the El Cajon location.  A couple of years ago the El Cajon store moved to the current location.

I bought three new bikes from veys this year and for me they blew away everyone on service and price including another ktm dealer in Poway, they are good people to deal with and made good on an error on one bike right away, they will be my go to shop for now.

Just got a 450 from them used, was a used 350 that had mechanical issues within 1hr of engine time bought is as is but they stepped up knowing it was probably traded in with problems and service didnt catch and offered to fix or trade and I got a clean used 17 450. Pretty happy