Jump to content
San Diego Adventure Riders
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Recommended Posts

With the Heat of summer, the Dez is normally an option only for the the Hard Men of the desert. For men of the softer variety, the Monsoon is our only summer desert option.  Sooo,  The Watch is On!  Personally, I will have the gear at the ready for last minute launch. The reward can be a wonderful 1/2 day on damp sand and overcast sky.  

SoCalMule and Alyeska,  Please give us an update if the heat suddenly turns to a wet walk in the park.

Bagstr @ The Ready

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bagstr said:

With the Heat of summer, the Dez is normally an option only for the the Hard Men of the desert. For men of the softer variety, the Monsoon is our only summer desert option.  Sooo,  The Watch is On!  Personally, I will have the gear at the ready for last minute launch. The reward can be a wonderful 1/2 day on damp sand and overcast sky.  

SoCalMule and Alyeska,  Please give us an update if the heat suddenly turns to a wet walk in the park.

Bagstr @ The Ready

Will do Bags! received a nice downpour Sunday afternoon of maybe a 1/4 inch (big drops for a half an hour). With the heat/humidity lately, it's way too stifling for a ride. This morning we had some showers. The desert smells wonderful. Forecast shows low one hundreds for the week with 20% chance of more showers. Currently the mornings are in the lower 80's. If I see a morning with temps in the seventies, I'll give the heads up! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

great riding this morning with cooler than normal temps but humidity, just came in around 1030 and it was perfect, heading out again at 0630 tomorrow for a quickie to ocotillo via superstition/plaster city and back fish creek to ow then home, will wrap it up around 11, Alaska beckons on Friday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did almost 300 miles out there yesterday with scattered drops. But the 104° was quite comfortable. 

Beautiful out there. The best time of year. 

F2BC7E5D-8025-484B-98CC-3705E40E64C2.jpeg

57420B4A-7122-4EE9-9650-9583E89FA009.jpeg

3C5AE3F3-8D87-4E82-856B-B7C442A8518B.jpeg

62494715-DC93-4E4E-AE00-D5A64BECEA28.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Bagstr said:

With the Heat of summer, the Dez is normally an option only for the the Hard Men of the desert. For men of the softer variety, the Monsoon is our only summer desert option.  Sooo,  The Watch is On!  Personally, I will have the gear at the ready for last minute launch. The reward can be a wonderful 1/2 day on damp sand and overcast sky.  

SoCalMule and Alyeska,  Please give us an update if the heat suddenly turns to a wet walk in the park.

Bagstr @ The Ready

In the loop.

SoCalMule, if the weather looks good, jump up and down and wave both your arms in the air, ok?

Oh.

Wait.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paulmbowers said:

In the loop.

SoCalMule, if the weather looks good, jump up and down and wave both your arms in the air, ok?

Oh.

Wait.....

Just returned from the VA Ortho Surgeon yesterday; he gave me the green light to "wave" but no "jumping up and down." Be back on the bike with you all in mid September. Looking forward to riding on "Mark's Rock" again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SoCalMule said:

Just returned from the VA Ortho Surgeon yesterday; he gave me the green light to "wave" but no "jumping up and down." Be back on the bike with you all in mid September. Looking forward to riding on "Mark's Rock" again. 

:drinks:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay guys, it's official! Borrego is getting rain! The temperature is 95.2 on the patio. 

P7113444.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SoCalMule said:

Okay guys, it's official! Borrego is getting rain! The temperature is 95.2 on the patio. 

P7113444.jpg

I see a hose and a sprinkler in that pic  :dirol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, simicrintz said:

I see a hose and a sprinkler in that pic  :dirol:

:lol::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, simicrintz said:

I see a hose and a sprinkler in that pic  :dirol:

Alright! Bruce you are the first to catch on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty smart for a pool guy, huh?  We use those to put water into pools so I was fortunate to pick up on that pretty quick (may have been an unfair advantage to some of the other guys, and I'm sorry if I broke any rules).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just thinking the desert would be awesome right after a little rain.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×