Wintyfresh

Querly rides the Erzberg Rodeo

This is actually from the 2017 event, but I found it an interesting view, especially in contrast to what you see on TV.

Ugh. That's a bigger goat show than the Soboba Trail ride. There's an equal number of riders but they launch 4 at a time. 

That guy on the Husaberg at ~13 minutes deserved to go in the drink after that douchey pass. 

What a disappointing end to his Erzberg experience.

I love the mountain scenes. That makes me want to go ride. I think I'll go ride in the the Kernville area. All of the good trails, none of the garbage, and no other riders to collide with.

Me and a buddy were just talking about this type of stuff.  Bottle necks and insanity.  We were watching this video from the big bear run a few weeks ago.  Looks like Mayhem.  It was interesting to watch, lots of full throttle tire spinning, rev limiters bouncing, sitting down, front tires butted up against small steps and rear tires smoking and dancing around.  Maybe this was late in the day and everyone was beat, Im not sure.  small scale erzberg action.

Ive never done this event, maybe one day, but seems like you better know what your getting into and be confident in the rocks...or you're sucking dust for 200 miles. 

A couple minutes in you see a sweet little KDX with a dude in overalls just putt across the bottom of the screen and is gone in 5 seconds.  Another "its the rider, not the bike" example.

yall may want to start by riding national H&Hs, Last dog standing, king of motos* etc, you will get a taste of ugly sections to challenge you, no need to to go full ugly and spend mega $$ to get to EU or other. And instead of dreaming about those big international big $$ logistics required,  these "local" events are readily accessible right here at home. Meanwhile raise your bar by not taking the easy routes

* in at least a couple of Nat H&H we have been run through KOM sections, its just not those never ending relentless sections, just a few 100 yards at a time. 

2 hours ago, RobATK94 said:

Maybe this was late in the day and everyone was beat, Im not sure. 

Did this ride myself. This was about 5minutes after the start. Trust me everyone in this video is fresh. These jokesters just don’t know how to ride

If there is No trail, there is no reason for ME to go there.

I'm with texas dualler here its just a rocky uphill road , but it sure looks like a instant separator. Hey the Kenny crew rode bye like a sunday drive in the park.

Example of same thought process- On some of our private invite hard trail rides the organizers do a separator section right off the bat to cull the pack quickly and safely, so its easy for them to return to the departure location before they get wiped out way out on the course and need assistance to get back....

this ride is on my list for a bunch of years now...if ever I get another plated enduro bike, I will be happy to do this thing---any ride sponsorship deals will be considered.

Also start with local competitions.

don't spectate-participate.

2019 AMA D37 Sprint Enduro series, looks to be a great option for all skill levels.

I for one am planning to go full on into this series, with all venues within 4 hours of San Diego.

And add the occasional AMA Nat H&H for a good beat down as well.

of course I will continue hitting the PuertMX Hare Scrambles series south of the border as well, which also has good challenges to ride "over". 

My point is instead of dreaming about sea to sky, lanares, erzberg, romaniacs, Tennessee knockout etc etc. Get In on the local stuff, trust me there are plenty of challenges to overcome on your bike just riding the SoCal circuit, as well as supporting local organizers. And the cost and logistics are way easier to deal with.

I did the D37 sprint enduro last September and it was a blast. Some really nice technical sections and wicked hill climbs and waterfall downhills. And plenty of carnage on some of the hill climbs to keep things interesting too. Really cool race format. Definitely going to be doing those races again. All of the D37 races I've done so far have had some good challenging sections to keep you on your toes.

3 hours ago, TexasDualler said:

I did the D37 sprint enduro last September and it was a blast. Some really nice technical sections and wicked hill climbs and waterfall downhills. And plenty of carnage on some of the hill climbs to keep things interesting too. Really cool race format. Definitely going to be doing those races again. All of the D37 races I've done so far have had some good challenging sections to keep you on your toes.

Sounds like just what I wanna do, not interested in the d38 body and skill can't handle miles of whoops 

4 hours ago, Bp619 said:

Sounds like just what I wanna do, not interested in the d38 body and skill can't handle miles of whoops 

I feel that!   The last season I attempted to follow was brutal.  Those miles of whoops were torture on my knees!  Putting some serious thought into the 2019 d37 sprint enduro season for a change of pace.  

Putting some Serious thought into some nice flowing two track with a view!

P10003321000w-L.jpg

P10109131000w-XL.jpg

+1