johnnyg

Motorcyclist killed in Encinitas

news report...always hearsay and grain of salt for my taste .. report says bike speeding (whatever that means) northbound, officer southbound , officer does the now infamous left turn across opposing traffic, with the usual never saw him, speeding or not......

I saw the same thing. The paper even stated it was undetermined who had the right of way.

Right.
The car turning left across traffic MIGHT have the right of way? Under what circumstances?

Yes, if the rider was blasting wheelies, he/she obviously has some culpability.

But let's be clear on right-of-way, shall we?

As we all (or should) know, ride like you are invisible; since to most drivers you are. I performed CPR on a rider that ran into a truck that pulled a U-Turn in front of him from the side of the road near lake Henshaw. Blessings to the two wheeled.

just watched it, its obvious who was at fault unless the bike was in the triple digits of speed. I log 10s of thousands of miles a year on the road across this country and others and this is the killer I see all the time the infamous left turn! accidents are assigned percentages of fault and some lies with the biker if it is determined he was speeding or exhibition of speed but it will be a small percentage in this case I believe. This appears to be an accident and the deputy just didn't see him, no police officer wants to intentionally crash into another vehicle especially causing death,  just a very sad situation and everyone will pay the price for what happened one with his life.