Sign in to follow this  
RobATK94

Beta X-Trainer

Anyone have experience with the X-Trainer?  Been looking for a strictly single track/technical trail bike and got kind of hung up on the KDXs, for the torque.  then I was wondering what modern bike comes closest to the smooth power delivery and torque and came across some write ups of the X-trainer comparing it to the KDX.  Now I'm interested.  

Wondering if anyone local has some experience, how they like it, or any disappointment.  With it being a smaller frame, I'd really like to sit one one and see how different it feels.  I'm on 5'9" so I can't image it will feel small, but I'm sure it's a different feel.  

I could live without the top end speed of the 300rr, as long as I still get the 300 torque.  

I sat on one at c&d its small, rode one around camping spot at tecate enduro very small thing was lowered 1" more. But I'm 6'2" 230lb 

But ridden with 2 guys with then impressive not think that much different than 300rr, 

I rode one at Lark Canyon.  The guy had some mods, including what looked to be a Scalvini pipe on it.  I was impressed that I could touch the ground pretty easily, and how nicely the bike handled.  Yes, the power was smoother and softer than the power on my friends 300RR and my WR300.  This would be my pick for  my next trail bike.

2 of our crew have them, probably the one that Mimi rode was TD's.

#1 TD's has a Fresco (Italia) pipe and a full boat Stilwell Performance set up with a Fox shock the bike is really amazing--don't expect to ride whoops, but for knifing single track and up rock faces its extremely fun and good.

#2 The other of our crew has his plated out of state and almost all stock except he has SP suspension with the Fox podium shock and Marzocchi Red 48s from the Race RR 300 so his suspension is heavier and heavier duty for slamming things- IMHO unneeded on this machine. It is a robust machine that many trail riders that think they need a KTM race bike would ride more comfortably and fast on. A very worthy machine and much better as a trail bike then the KTM freeride. Here is video of me following the #2 version (John's)

thanks for the info.  Im not over 6 foot, but have the same concern Bp has...will it fit me.  Gotta try and hunt one down just to sit on it.

On paper is seems perfect for trail riding and all you are giving up is the top end speed and suspension that can handle all that goes along with that speed.  Stay below 40mph and it has everything you can ask for.  And I guess if I later get the need for speed, fork swaps seem pretty common. This also seems to hold true with the KDXs I was initially looking at.