Sign in to follow this  
alyeska

Hot Lap! literally

We will be doing an early morning ride on this wed june 20th (tomorrow) ride begins at xmas circle at 0730 and ends back in Borrego between 1-3 for a late lunch. We will be running to ocotillo wells then into fish creek up  arroyo seco diablo to ocotillo then back plaster city to ow and then Borrego. A real hot lap! bikes must be plated bring tubes tools and plenty of water, water and fuel will be replenished at ocotillo and then a very fast ride back the tracks (deep sand for about 2 miles)from plaster city. Expect a high of 100 degrees by noon but nice in the morning and peaking at 110 by 2 or 3, make sure your bike is in good condition and able to deal with the heat of the day (you too) pm me if your showing so we can look for you.

Sounds like fun I'll be on a red bike with a big round headlight ?

Sounds like a XR650R type of gig

Oh man... Itchin. 

Waiting on a bearings. Otherwise id jump in. 

Oh Man,  Don't want to Die.

Waiting on pleasant weather.  Otherwise I would jump in.    

B)

One of my long blabby ride reports! left Borrego at 0735 moved up fish creek to arroyo seco then out the other side to ocotillo got gas then onto plaster city and back to ow the tracks, arrive Borrego 1130 so I would say it was a hot lap! sand is way worse than ever by tracks now very deep and soft and in 2 spots now, bike got pretty hot blazing through and radiator was burning my right leg, the hop ups on the wr worked great and I love this bike, it will be hard to get off it in sept when the cr arrives.

fish_creek_sup_62018_006.JPG

fish creek sup 62018 009.PNG

Bags, "you wont get the purple heart hiding in a foxhole", just messing with you! it was damn hot out here by 10 am and the bike didn't even like it!

One of the best mods I did to my WR450F was the trailtech fan. And Evans or Zip Tie racing coolant  

Moves about 5x the air of my KTM fan. 

Cant seem to overheat that bike in any situation now. And it’s been to hell and back

im going to look into that since I ride all summer.

buttercup Friday, Saturday, atvs and bikes, will post it up, toyhauler with ac will be present!