Sign in to follow this  
timmer

Dual Sport Riding in Mammoth area - Monday through Friday

Hey Everyone

Let me know if you are interested in hooking up for some riding mid week in the mammoth area.   I'm driving up late on Sunday (the 17th) for Riding Monday - Friday and heading back Sat.

My plan is to follow intermediate (with some advanced) routes in the 50-100mi range.   I'm following routes from http://www.mammothmc.com

First day will probably be out of big pine, i'll stage at Keough's hot springs so I can end the day in the pool.

Plate will be required.   

Best

Tim

Sounds awesome. Wish I could pull this off. Have a blast and be prepared to write a good ride report when you get back.

With a little more notice I'd be on this!

Here's a 65 mile ride (Inyo / Papoose Flat) I've been wanting to try by Big Pine, near Grandview Camp in the White Mtns.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kAJEFsUR8wrafLorg2186US3hxbiWcFR&usp=sharing , to be ridden clockwise.

The pool at  Keough HS is $, but the hot creek 1/2 way from Hwy 395 is free with nudey girls sometimes!

Sneeker,

Is this an Exploration route or do you have intel of previous rides?  I.E. , Do you know if the route is rideable through? Terrain looks like you could have some challenges up those canyons. But then, that is what you are looking for!

Bagstr

Bags, I've ridden the westside of that ride and know this side should be ridden south to north.  Not for sure about the northeast section, I pieced it together from aerial imagery and need intel about its connectivity.  As for challenges: I'm more up for sightseeing nowadays, but I do like to ride in the most obscure and remote places.  Places all but the local hunters have forgotten about.   The cool thing about this ride, literally, is that all the dirt is above 7000 ft and thus a mild temp summer ride.

Sneeker - yeah, I know its last minute.   I've been trying to start the ride for a week now,  work keeps getting in the way.  Next time...

If I try your route, i'll report back (or will that take the fun out of it?)

Edited by timmer
update

Check it out if you get the chance!  There's some cool single track, especially at the beginning, shortly after the start of the ride at Cedar Flat Camp off Hwy 168.  I'd love to hear any feed back and pictures.  Bonus if you get to the alien crash site!   I'll send a PM with some tracks.