Coop

Kern Plateau aka "Kennedy Meadows"

Hey all,

I am heading to Kennedy June 14th after work staying at Troy Meadows campground. Riding Friday, Saturday come Sunday.

Going solo need to ride, picked up a 08 WR450F chomping at the bit to ride it. I am limited to the OHV trails for now hopefully that will change soon. If anyone is interested hit me up!

Solo guy, Ride on!!

Jealous definitely need to make more of an effort to rode up there

11 hours ago, Coop said:

Hey all,

I am heading to Kennedy June 14th after work staying at Troy Meadows campground. Riding Friday, Saturday come Sunday.

Going solo need to ride, picked up a 08 WR450F chomping at the bit to ride it. I am limited to the OHV trails for now hopefully that will change soon. If anyone is interested hit me up!

Solo guy, Ride on!!

Have you called the Blackrock or Kernville Ranger Station? The trails may not be open yet. There wasn't much snow this year but there's typically a lot of deadfall to clear from the trails. 

I have to work this weekend but am thinking of going into the area Sunday night thru Wednesday morning.

I hope to get up there monthly this summer. When you're ready for another trip reach out.

14 hours ago, PastaPilot said:

Have you called the Blackrock or Kernville Ranger Station? The trails may not be open yet. There wasn't much snow this year but there's typically a lot of deadfall to clear from the trails. 

I have to work this weekend but am thinking of going into the area Sunday night thru Wednesday morning.

I hope to get up there monthly this summer. When you're ready for another trip reach out.

Just got off the phone with Black Rock, all the trails are open!! Camp grounds also, only Troy Meadows has water right now.

I too am planning to get up there a few times this summer, keep me in your loop also.

I'm leaving work at 1:30 pm  Thursday. Plan on riding Friday, Saturday come home Sunday. I would consider myself an intermediate rider. I like to hit a little challenging stuff and also the easy flowy stuff. Camp out have a good time. I'm bringing the green sticker 450 so I have to stick to the trails. Bail Sunday early that drive sucks. 

That's about it, you can always IM if you have any other questions. It's always funner to ride with someone. I always bring tools, tubes, try not to be that guy lol.

Coop