Bagstr

KTM Manufacturing in China / India

My point exactly about QC, you just explained it much better....thanks ?

A lowly laborer, I toil under the eye of the middle manager

Spreadsheet on his clipboard, I fail to meet the goal as the conveyer moves by,  ever faster

The meeting is inspirational, new goals, new success if we just apply ourselves, focus. 

Rewards will follow; pension, dental care, a college education for the children. Flexible work rules?

No way, rigid job descriptions require more man hours.  That's for us.

The years pass, volume decreases, layoffs. Will I be the one this week? I press on.

New Improved, reclining bucket seats, all aluminum cylinder block,  orange/brown color scheem

Suppliers, How much can you shave off the price on the Vega dashboard??  You know we have other suppliers.

Quarterly report due Friday; Can we fudge that number?  That transfer to a new management position is pending.

Hey Bob, Have you seen that new Camaro coming online. POS build, but it has a big mill under the hood. 

The design team is changing the quarter panel this year,  That panel press is warn, will last another year.

Quality Control Data,  What Data?  Costs too much to track output.  We don't really want to know about our shortcomings.

You guys on the production floor, we don't need your input.  We will tell you how to build these things.

CEO Bonus season!  Cut your department by 10%, that will fix my net profit column. Research and Development,  way too expensive,

Change the tail lights again, that is enough.  Americans will never buy import cars.

Bagstr, is that what retired life does to you ?  ??

On 6/7/2018 at 2:27 PM, Covered in Dust said:

Bring back ATK’s

Bring back CZ's! 

Sorry to devolve into a Rant gentlemen.  34 years climbing ladders will do that to you.

I need to go surf the sand.      B)

2 hours ago, Bagstr said:

Sorry to devolve into a Rant gentlemen.  34 years climbing ladders will do that to you.

I need to go surf the sand.      B)

I want to go surf the sand with you. Plus, that was a very well written rant. 

These types of discussions arise all the time at work regarding Earned Value Management (EVM). Program Managers say, "I don't want to pay for EVM on my program...it costs too much!" My standard reply to those that have this opinion is, "Can you afford NOT to incorporate EVM into your program?" End of discussion(s) at work...;)