Jump to content
San Diego Adventure Riders

Recommended Posts

Dang Paul, That is spectacular!!!  You lucky Dawg!  I can't believe the snow is that clear at the top of California Pass already!  Well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are some great pictures, you should think about getting into photography.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't post much, your rides (and pictures) are certainly post worthy :) Fantastic ! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

great photos, i especially like the one alongside the river... such a beautiful riding area.

thanks for sharing!

best regards,

johnnyg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, johnnyg said:

great photos, i especially like the one alongside the river... such a beautiful riding area.

thanks for sharing!

best regards,

johnnyg

Agreed! That one next to the river looks exactly like my last trip to MOAB. Drove out along the river to Onion Creek. I was in my jeep but wish I would've been on a bike!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oracle said:

Those are some great pictures, you should think about getting into photography.

I shall give that encouragement every consideration!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delightful....   Did you park your loverly wife in towns, or was it just you and Hasselblad?  How were the temperatures; out on the Orange Rim Trail?

  Bags,  No more questions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bagstr said:

Delightful....   Did you park your loverly wife in towns, or was it just you and Hasselblad?  How were the temperatures; out on the Orange Rim Trail?

  Bags,  No more questions

Just me. I drove over 2000 miles, 4 hotel room nights, me and my Sony camera. 

For two 100- mile rides.   Worth it all. Even the $100 speeding ticket in Montrose CO.

The Hasselblad stayed home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice, SW Colorado!

glad those passes cleared, 

did you do engineer pass near beuna vista?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, xr650rkyle said:

Very nice, SW Colorado!

glad those passes cleared, 

did you do engineer pass near beuna vista?

 

 

E6CF73B2-5EFB-4F41-98FC-21FBF07A828E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

image.png

      You are a brave man to traverse the wilderness solo.  Did you have time to contemplate,,,Or was it full throated singing?

   A Man and his Camera discovering what it is to be alive!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bagstr said:

 You are a brave man to traverse the wilderness solo.  Did you have time to contemplate,,,Or was it full throated singing?

   A Man and his Camera discovering what it is to be alive!

One of the tremendous benefits of traveling solo is being is charge of the agenda. Based on the weather forecast, I intended to drive partway Monday and arrive Tuesday, which was supposed to be thunderstormy, and I'd take that day to acclimatize to the altitude, then ride Wednesday and Thursday, then start driving home Friday.

 

Instead, I pushed through the 14+ hours drive on Monday, and Tuesday was beautiful- so I hopped on the bike and ripped the mountains in a single day- enjoyable pace,  stopped when I wanted, rode when I didn't. Took my helmet off for lunch. I rode far more than I expected, and there was little left to ride that was comfortable for me as a solo rider with limited, at best, GPS skills. That was fine, I'd wanted to ride the Alpine Loop for years, and I was very happy.

 

So I changed plan, pulled up stakes and headed to Utah, another ride I'd wanted to repeat since my first trip in 2012. I knew I wanted to overnight in Las Vegas Thursday for a return home Friday, and I always like to ride early- something most groups won't do.

 

So I started the ride at 0630, which gives the kind of light you saw in these images.

 

And I didn't have to endure anyone singing in the radio. ;  )

HOWEVER! I left a lot "on the table" in Colorado for which I'd only be comfortable riding with others, so....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man am I glad I clicked on this thread..... 

Well done sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2018 at 6:53 PM, paulmbowers said:

 

Wow Paul! How wonderful! Obviously a trained professional photographer took these spectacular photographs! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, paulmbowers said:

HOWEVER! I left a lot "on the table" in Colorado for which I'd only be comfortable riding with others, so....

      Ready!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bagstr said:

      Ready!

x2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×