My CO trip was worth every penny. I noticed fishing is avail. You will be spoiled by CO fishing if you do it. Enjoy.

Amgems,

That looks like a Hoot.  I met a great guy from Salida at the 3 Step this April. I wonder if he is involved.  When I find his card I will send you his contact info.  My kid is moving to the Cortez area, so I will be doing some exploring out that way.

Bagstr

Looks like a good choice!  I plan to ride a Colorado loop every Summer, usually in July, but maybe connecting the spectacular south peaks of the BDR to this event would be a good plan for later in the Summer, at least I wouldn't have to worry about the timing of snow melt for mountain pass navigation...thanks for info. 

Was just thinking about where to plan a  summer bike trip. This looks perfect.  I'm going to look hard at making this happen.

This is coming up in a few weeks. If any of you guys are still gonna go and need someone to ride with, you can ride with me and my buddy Brian from Ridgecrest. We aren't very fast but we are mostly reliable. I think it just us two in our group. I just received the info sheet. They have a lot of riding to pick from. Friday warmup ride. Saturday long (150) and short loops (135). Sunday long (150) and short (127). And a Monday 75 mile single track loop.

13 hours ago, amgems said:

We aren't very fast but we are mostly reliable. 

Humility...

My son and I were all signed up and planned to ride this.  Unfortunately my wife got real sick recently and I had to cancel.  She is doing better but i won't be able to make the trip.  Post some pics so that can see what we missed.  

18 hours ago, dstss said:

My son and I were all signed up and planned to ride this.  Unfortunately my wife got real sick recently and I had to cancel.  She is doing better but i won't be able to make the trip.  Post some pics so that can see what we missed.  

Well, the important thing is that she is doing better. I'll make a full report.