trcooperone

Can my sidewalk be repaired!!!

I was pumped to finally be able to take my new to me husky out to rip in the dirt. I got my clutch issues figured out and working perfect and got a nice new motoz mountain hybrid rear tire mounted up. 

I went out to have some fun and maybe 8-10 miles in to my ride I found a screw that not only punctured my tire and tube, it went through the sidewall also!

Can the sidewall be repaired?!?! I just threw down $150 for a new tire, tube and mounting!! 

I did have some fun though!!

DD1D8B77-8B55-4484-9777-0B6E20B5AFB3.jpeg

88461DAC-C4BB-457C-B51C-EA68EA3B1B2A.jpeg

Just put a thick inner tube patch from a truck under it and it should hold up for the 4-5K miles. just don't go to low on the pressure in the dirt.

Agreed, so long as you can keep dirt from getting in between the tire and tube I say run it. 

Agree with these guys... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Right on!!! This tire is crazy tight and I attepted to mount it on the rim myself and all I accomplished was a pinched tube so I had Motoworld do it for me on Monday!!

I am going to stop by coyotes Motorcycle Tires in alpine tomorrow and see if he has some heavy duty patches and get me set up.

31 minutes ago, KTMrad said:

You need your sidewalk repaired ?

Yes I do, an a new heavy duty 19” tube

ll or lk  but who's counting, fix it and ride it.

3 hours ago, KTMrad said:

You need your sidewalk repaired ?

Auto spell LOL

Once you're all practiced up I have a sidewalk area about 10 by 10 that needs replaced, that's about 3 projects out so you have some time. :)

Good to see you out riding, lets do Campo Boulevard area in the next month or so before it gets hot.

I would be scared of that tire myself, if you fix it carry some big zip tyes, they will hold it on the rim to get you back. I learned that trick from a girl, thanks DSFox.