Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Broke in the new trail bike 05/20/18

Gave the bike a local 100 mile ride that had too much pavement on Saturday, then changed the oil and gave the bike a once over  for the next day's more dirt intensive mountain session at Big Bear.  On Sunday, I found empty trails and nice sunny weather or the inaugural trail ride.  The bike performed as well as could be expected with the stock tires.  Suspension was too stiff, but performed well and the bike didn't deflect in the rockier sections.  Power was superb.  Grips were too skinny and hard for my dainty little hands.  New knobbies will be installed before the next outing, and some cushier grips too.

28372257568_d43a1d6f46_o.jpg

100_1372.jpg

28372271858_6e78ec1d87_o.jpg

27374669187_17de06054a_o.jpg

great looking terrain, sure would like to cruise around up there some day with you as it seems like you know a bunch of routes. Well done. 

I have ridden various areas of Big Bear once and absolutely will return.  I've been a desert guy for 40+ years but the mountains are a whole new experience, and something that i would like to do more of. 

Nice pics; good for you!!

Supension 101 is the go to guy for lowering. You can check out my bike if you want !

Nice scenery!  Reminds me of Idyllwild.  Creeks still flowing, I see.