Finally ditched the 11 year old 450 (well, not really ditched....it's still in the garage, but probably won't be seeing much action anymore) for a modern scoot.  I had to actually sell the street bike to get the new dualsport, but I wasn't using that all that much either.  So Friday night, I brought a new FE 501 home from Moto Forza.  Today I gave it a 100 mile break in ride, changed the oil and gave it a once over.  Tomorrow, it will probably hit the dirt at Big Bear.  All I can say is man, what a trail bike!  The only thing wrong with it is that it's too tall for me, more so than my other bikes, even with the low Seat Concepts saddle I had installed on it  during prep.  Not so much a problem on the trail as it is at stop lights and signs on the roads.  Besides that, the bike fits me really well, feels really light and flickable and the suspension even works well, in spite of the fact that it is set up for a heavier rider.  I've never had a more comfortable ride  on a "out of the box" dualsport bike before.   Gonna love this, I can see.:wub:

42154526432_c8053d80c2_o.jpg

28328417088_e082a664e0_o.jpg

Nice bike, have fun up in the mountains!

Congrats. 

Love my 500. 

Taken a bit of time and money but it’s the best bike I’ve ridden. 

Wow!!  what a nice looking bike, way to treat yourself!  We look forward to Big Bear pics with you by your bike in the wilderness!  Happy adventures. cheers. 

Congrats on the new bike.

Well then,  That is a clean lookin' bike.  Keep us in the loop with your exploits on the bike. Do you have plans to bend it to your will or leave it alone?     B)

Pretty bike! Enjoy! Not much room left in the stable! 

5 hours ago, Bagstr said:

Well then,  That is a clean lookin' bike.  Keep us in the loop with your exploits on the bike. Do you have plans to bend it to your will or leave it alone?     B)

I know people like to tune them to have outrageous gobs of power, but I'm not all that big or heavy, so i don't really need any extra oomf out of the machine.  Stock gearing and engine produce plenty of torque and snappiness for trail duty.  I have a larger sprocket for the back, and the bike came with a spare snappier throttle cam.  I also have some nice Metzler knobbies to replace the silly Continentals that came stock.  Other than that, just fine tune the spring rates.  It's really a nice bike.

Yehh !!!  Good for you .