paulmbowers

Sunday!Sunday!Sunday!Domingo! May 20th 2018 PV

I'm riding with SoCalMule on Sunday!Sunday!Sunday! - small bikes, will do a quick tour (couple hours-ish) that includes some single track, some pavement (between trails) some scenic dirt roads- a true dual-sport ride. Meeting at the Major's Diner parking lot for 0813 KSU. 

28870 Old Highway 80
Pine Valley CA 91962

That's KickStands Up at 0813.

We'll keep a decent pace, I'd call it entry-level intermediate, so this ride will not be very fun nor safe for beginners. We'll have more of those n00b rides as soon as BikeSlut gets off his ass. 

Radios are good, 146.505. Tubes, tools, 'tude all recommended.

Just now, Uncle Champ said:

r u going down buckman to Cameron truck trail?

Maybe. Possibly. Undecided. Might go down Cameron to Buckman.

Are you offering free refreshments? 

I just figured I might join as you went by, I would hate to slab to pine valley and then slab back past my house to turn left onto Cameron within sight of the house. We could discuss refreshments.

Not 100% sure I can make it, but, just in case...Where do you park the truck? Right at Majors, in their lot? Nearby? Are you having pre ride breakfast at Majors?

I have a radio, tools, tube, and tude, dude.

I’ve always parked in the big lot behind Majors, and there’s always plenty of space. If that changes, I’ll park elsewhere- don’t want to displace a customer. 

It might be a tow-away, so do not rely on my choice. 

7 hours ago, paulmbowers said:

I'm riding with SoCalMule on Sunday!Sunday!Sunday! - small bikes, will do a quick tour (couple hours-ish) that includes some single track, some pavement (between trails) some scenic dirt roads- a true dual-sport ride. Meeting at the Major's Diner parking lot for 0813 KSU. 

28870 Old Highway 80
Pine Valley CA 91962

That's KickStands Up at 0813.

We'll keep a decent pace, I'd call it entry-level intermediate, so this ride will not be very fun nor safe for beginners. We'll have more of those n00b rides as soon as BikeSlut gets off his ass. 

Radios are good, 146.505. Tubes, tools, 'tude all recommended.

Looking forward to this ride!

52 minutes ago, Riggerdan said:

Will there be any snow on the trails.....?

Yes.

If you promise to join us, I'll place snow on the trails for you.

Lurking...
I recently posted a simple track of that East Campo area on dualsportmaps.  Just the main trail in and out.

In.  I may peel off to Campo on the way back.

Looks like a good turnout. I’m gonna stage at the cul de sac. See you in half hour

Thanks for the assistance with the bump start! Eating lunch in Campo now.

Thanks to all who came out! David thanks for checking in- sorry about The Flood, glad you got it running. 

Yeah, #fucktheflood.  Thanks for your help, Paul, and whoever that sweep rider was pushing me.

And... since I don't speak a lick of Spanish I was under the mistaken impression that this ride was headed to Lake Domingo (from the OP title), i.e. East Campo.  LOL!  Now I get it.  Domingo = SUNDAY!   I ended up solo at Lake Domingo anyway.  Just me and my 360 cam:

Loop around the lake.
(for some reason it defaults to a crappy resolution.  try changing it to 1080 in the lower right corner)

I didn’t even know there was a Lago Domingo!

That was SoCalMule (Mark) who helped out. 

20 minutes ago, paulmbowers said:

That was SoCalMule (Mark) who helped out. 

Thanks Mark.  Good mule.

Just now, tvscum said:

Thanks Mark.  Good mule.

I'm glad to have helped! Paul pushed you longer than I did though! He's pretty nimble. I sure enjoyed riding with everyone today; great group of guys! 

Don't feel bad I thought we were going boulevardish, lake Domingo. I ain't a big fan of Corral/ Kernan rocks. I went on to explore some old mines and check out some areas that are harder to get into.

Thanks for the start.

Good to see you guys.

3 hours ago, Uncle Champ said:

Don't feel bad I thought we were going boulevardish, lake Domingo. I ain't a big fan of Corral/ Kernan rocks. I went on to explore some old mines and check out some areas that are harder to get into.

Thanks for the start.

Good to see you guys.

I stopped by your house on the way to Campo for lunch but you must have been mine hopping.  Maybe next time.

Hah I saw tracks and wondered who stopped by, its Lake Dominquez by the way. Darn I would have liked to putt out there with you. I knew the tracks weren't from my nephew with his new to him Husky because there was no groove cut in the driveway with roost sprayed everywhere. Lesson to self to communicate a little better.