San Diego Adventure Riders

Just guessing, but sounds like maybe they rushed the product to market for the Summer season with out sufficient testing. They are now competing with InReach. Not a good practice for a company that produces devices that lives may depend on. I used to be involved in a Design Verification Testing team (Back when I was working :lol:). My boss would always say "We need to break this thing before the customer breaks it". Bad news for any product to fail like this in the consumers hands.

Thanks for the updates.

My local rep has been somewhat hesitant in getting me one for evaluation and testing. Presumably due to the aforementioned issues. He assures me it's due to a backlog in production.

" Back when I was working "    Don't you like that phrase?      Can't wait for good weather;  we will have some fun!

I got an email stating that there is a firmware update, looks like it addresses the issues that I was having.  It worked ok after the one time it froze up, but it did act as if it was having a low battery issue once after that.   The messenger part of it was nice when I made camp and had no signal.

CAA1D411-AD30-4FC4-B707-AD78260CDAAD.png