Sign in to follow this  
La Mesa Mike

Tusk Impact rims

All the wheel sets I see say fit KTM from 2003, I have a 2002.  Anyone know what the difference is?  I thought all KTM hubs/rims were the same, it was just the spacers the were different, if so, can I just put my spaces on the new wheel set?

I guess I should also ask if anyone has wheels that would fit a 2002 for sale, I'd be interested!

TIA

Mike

I had a ktm 520 exc 2002.  I still have a ktm 400 exc 2002.  My wife's bike.

Extra parts: 

1.  one rear wheel with bearing damage, Maxxis Desert IT tire, 50 tooth sprocket, rim lock.  Rims in good shape.  2 photos.

2.  one rear wheel with hub damage and bearing damage, no tire, one rim lock.  Rims in good shape.  3 photos. 

Make me an offer, if it will work for you.

IMG_9603.JPG

IMG_9604.JPG

IMG_9605.JPG

IMG_9606.JPG

IMG_9607.JPG

Beezzz, I remember you destroying that rear rim on a ride in Utah a few years back  :(  and borrowing one of mine. :)

Mike, 2002 and earlier KTM's had a smaller front axle.  Not sure about them but think bearings maybe different too.  Don't know if changing spacers will work. I think the rears have been the same.

On 5/13/2018 at 12:05 PM, mctrails said:

Mike, 2002 and earlier KTM's had a smaller front axle.  Not sure about them but think bearings maybe different too.  Don't know if changing spacers will work. I think the rears have been the same.

mctrails, Good info to know, thanks for sharing.

Beezzz - PM sent!

mcT,

What a great Utah week ride we had.  Piute Trail rules !  THANKS FOR THE REAR WHEEL LOANER!!!  I was surprise that bearing breakdown could damage a hub.  Live and Learn.  Very good times.  Thanks for sharing the trip.

Here is a few photos of mcT in Beaver Utah.  Last photo was deep mud with submerged branches . . .   can you say endo!!!  

IMG_0606.JPG

IMG_0634.JPG

IMG_0555.JPG