Just bought this 1972 Honda . I had this same model my senior year of high school and it was one of my favorite bikes of all time.

34469973-CEC2-4617-BE1A-26D2D04CD0D0.jpeg

Don’t like the pipes so I’m going to buy this one tomorrow as a donor bike. Then sell it.

A91D2213-BE89-4A53-9D92-0BA385A50CE8.jpeg

CiD

That is Excellent!!  You musta had a good connection on the plane.  I am sorry, ( kind of )  are there any other colors for the fuel tank?

So, You were a lowly sophomore when I was a SENIOR.   :ph34r:

Just now, Bagstr said:

That is Excellent!!  You musta had a good connection on the plane.  I am sorry, ( kind of )  are there any other colors for the fuel tank?

The bike is in Bellingham, Washington. I have a niece that lives there and she is going to pick it up this weekend and hold it until I arrange shipping.

Just now, Mikey777 said:

Covered in Hipster.

I’ll be swapping the bars also back to stock.

Smooth runners, those old Honda Fours.  Is this one a six speed transmission?  I had a 74 Honda CL360 for a while in high school, it always amazed me that it had a six speed and then later model bikes had five.....

Rode one of those on the 15 North before it was open (came in where El Norte Pkwy ramp is) in '76 IIRC.  Caught holy hell from Dad when he found out (I did not have MC license and the road was closed, all of which did not make him happy!).  You brought back some good memories there!

I love those. I crashed one in 1982. It was my older brother's and he was out of town. I took it out for a cruise to Newport Beach and ran into the back of car that had stopped for traffic. I may or may not have been looking at some hot chicks walking down the street at the time. I still have the scars to prove it. 

1 hour ago, tntmo said:

Smooth runners, those old Honda Fours.  Is this one a six speed transmission?  I had a 74 Honda CL360 for a while in high school, it always amazed me that it had a six speed and then later model bikes had five.....

These were 5 speeds. I put Koni shocks on mine and added a 2nd disc up front. I think I was the only guy at the time with dual disc brakes up front around here.

I sold mine to a Friend of mine in the SDPD. I asked him a couple years ago what happened to it. He had sold it years ago. So I had him trace the vin but it was out of the system. I still check for one with a dual disc all the time.

Nice bike, I had a 75 550 with a four into one Kerker. Loved that bike. 

Fell over twice with my girlfriend, got my shoelace caught on the shifter once, and another time hit some oil going between the curb and cars to turn right. She went to the hospital to get her butt scrubbed out from the road rash. 

Can I ride it Chris??

Congrats 

Nice  find, that bike in the day was the sh&t!  How is it running CID, good, or do you have to do some work.  Either way you will make money on this bike.

8 hours ago, danrider said:

Nice  find, that bike in the day was the sh&t!  How is it running CID, good, or do you have to do some work.  Either way you will make money on this bike.

Well I haven’t seen the bike in person but I’ve seen lots of pictures and a video of it running and it sounds good. 

This will be the 1st time I’ve bought a bike over the internet and had it shipped. Hope it works out, but I’m getting the bike at a pretty good price so I’m not to worried.

CiD

My wife thinks I’m crazy 

You need some new riding gear for it..and a beard.

Mark-Hawwa.png.2d7f464ef923e4b3f312a92c97df43de.png

CID,

Can not imagine what it is like to wait for that UPS Truck to show up in the driveway.   

:o  Bagstr

Nice Mr. Nelson! Is the bike in the 2nd pic above (the bikes in the pics are different) the bike you had as a teen?

42 minutes ago, Dress4Less said:

Nice Mr. Nelson! Is the bike in the 2nd pic above (the bikes in the pics are different) the bike you had as a teen?

No 2nd bike I picked up today just to rob the stock exhaust off of then I will sell it. However it is a very nice bike also, but I wanted a CB 500 not a 550.

Pretty cool Chris! You gonna take it down the drop? 

7 minutes ago, SoCalMule said:

Pretty cool Chris! You gonna take it down the drop? 

I’m thinking up it

You Know;  It was pretty darn audacious for Honda to mass market a 4 Cylinder motorcycle in 1972.  And reliable as well.  What a concept! 

Kinda' like coming out with a reliable Orange off-road bike.  What were these people thinking?

:huh:

3 hours ago, Covered in Dust said:

I’m thinking up it

You could make it! I've heard that it's 20% the bike and 80% the rider ;)

Well I just bought 2 more Honda’s last night. One is a 74 CB 750 that had been completely restored but then was in a crash. It still looks great just needs a few parts replaced. The other is a 72 CB 500f that had been disassembled for restoration. When I got all the boxes home I found that the guy had bought all brand new parts for the 500 including new pipes! I’ll post up some pics after I get things sorted out.

Covered in 70's Style,

You really are a Bad influence my friend. Lately, I have been entertaining myself with " Old's Cool ";  S90, CB160, CB350, CB450.  I attended El Cajon High School, so only could afford a 160.  Coincidentally, my best bike ever, Ha!  We could start a Summer Riding Club with old 60's and 70"s bikes.

Bagstr - Lost in the 60's