Sign in to follow this  
steve.ski

FNG in IE

Yet another new member intro here. Name is Steve, based near Menifee and looking forward to joining a group ride or similar 2 wheeled stupidity in the near future. I come from a long lineage of biker scum, following in the moto footsteps of my Grandfather and Dad since I was 5 years old. My entire family rides, we try to get out on trips as much as possible, and since I have completed my YZ250 Dual Sport project bike I'm hoping to wear out some tires.

Cheers!

Welcome to the gang. 

Cool project bike. I have a YZ450 that I planned to turn into an enduro/trail bike and eventually have it plated. I swapped the 19 for 18" rear wheel and put  on  lights but the master plan was to change the transmission for a WR gear set. That got shelved with the release of the YZ450FX and someday I'll upgrade. Any chance you swapped the gear box on yours?

Jon

Jon dang it just get the YZ450FX.....even LR is riding one now.

5 minutes ago, PastaPilot said:

Welcome to the gang. 

Cool project bike. I have a YZ450 that I planned to turn into an enduro/trail bike and eventually have it plated. I swapped the 19 for 18" rear wheel and put  on  lights but the master plan was to change the transmission for a WR gear set. That got shelved with the release of the YZ450FX and someday I'll upgrade. Any chance you swapped the gear box on yours?

Jon

No WR gears as of yet. This summer I plan to pull the motor down for a top end, contemplating the swap upgrade then but...

That said, I'm not going to attempt to make it something that it's not. I have always wanted a modern 2 stroke DS bike but there's no getting around the fact that it's an MX bike with lights, not a practical roadworthy dualsport. My goal to connect trails without a trip to the pokey has been realized so I'm content to live with it's limitations. Honestly, the gearing hasn't been a detriment to this point so most likely the tranny will stay as is.

The best sled I ever owned was a '92 YZ with a wide ratio tranny, good build idea mate.

Steve, welcome to the addiction

When I hear FNG, it usually means you are former LEO, fire, or military.  Yes?

59 minutes ago, Mikey777 said:

When I hear FNG, it usually means you are former LEO, fire, or military.  Yes?

I don't think so :)