stuckthrottle

McCain Wind Farm

I just started riding again after taking a year off because of a moto crash. I went to the Lark Canyon area last week. What the hell is up with all those wind turbines going through the ridge. They just about paved the road going in too. This sucks. 

welcome back to my world......yes it sucks. we used to get hit by the rangers for rock riding and off piste trailing.....that wind farm smashed half the boulders we used to "illegally" ride on along with carving an entire hill ridge up into full flat land. Progress.........

Progress is right I guess. Makes your "off piste" riding pretty light weight on your conscious. Want to make new trails anyone?

They have the turbines and "roads" going all through the "designated wilderness areas"  (east of the main road) where we get ticketed for riding into.  What the hell?  I guess wilderness incursion violations are OK if its for "green power?"  I thought wilderness was wilderness but I guess not anymore...

this can go full deep, but IMHO we should leave it alone, as far as talking, loose lips sink ships.

The hypocrisy does make it a little more justifiable in my mind.