Sign in to follow this  
socalhodaka

Looking for riding boot in wide width

Looking for suggestions for boots the you can by in wide width. My current Alpinestar Tech8 MX are good for about 3 hours, then the pain hits on the bone area outside of my foot and inside. So Im looking for a new boot. Right now the only boot I think you can get in wide in Forma?

Look into top tier Italian brand Gaerne SG12 or other models from Gaerne  they tend to run wider than the other Italian top tier brands. Also think to use summer type ("Sahara") socks from Moose racing for example to give more space, and still have good moto focus designed socks in use.

Also rocky mountain ATV has some good boot testing videos to help you choose.

48 minutes ago, robertaccio said:

Look into top tier Italian brand Gaerne SG12 or other models from Gaerne  they tend to run wider than the other Italian top tier brands.

+1 My size 12W feet love my Gaerne's

I have Flintstone feet, a pair of Forma ADV's and Gaerne SG-10's.

Atomic Moto is great to deal with when selecting boots - free returns (you pay shipping) and no issues.  Good pricing on both brands.

Agree with the Gaerne SG12 recommendation.  I have a wide foot and think I know exactly what your talking about with the Tech 8s.  I threw a pair of Gaernes on and it was perfect!!  other then then price tag.  Another one to try is the tech 7.  they don't fit anything like the tech 8s and have more room in the toe box area.  I went with tech 7s because of price point.  I don't think they are holding up all that well and my next boot will be the SG12.