kkug

8 Ball motorcycle tires now in Escondido

I stopped in and spoke to Trevor earlier today (he is the one in the pic above and one of the owners).  Very cool shop, neat and clean, and the guys I spoke with were cool.  Told him that the group has been chatting up the SD store for a while and I mentioned the upcoming meet up, and he offered to have it at his shop if so decided.  He is aware of the page and said he would stop by to introduce himself before too long.

I need tires and will be going back soon.  Trevor said they match internet prices or any advertised price; what's not to like about that?

Had a delam on the way to work called and explained my situation knowing I would be getting there close to their closing time.

not only did the guys stay late to take care of me they even matched a lower internet price for the tire and I didnt even ask them to.

They offer local club discounts also (written up on a wall on their office). We were not on their club list, so there is an opportunity there for our leadership to work out.

Cool! I drove by earlier this week and noticed the building since I'm going to be needing a front tire soon. Will check them out.

Also, I work at ORW and if there's interest, I can work on creating a club discount for you guys...

The SD store folks are everything you ever wanted in a tire shop.  Great people, will talk tires til the cows come home if you care to. Perfectly good service and fair pricing.  I cannot find a reason to buy online now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stuckthrottle said:

Cool! I drove by earlier this week and noticed the building since I'm going to be needing a front tire soon. Will check them out.

Also, I work at ORW and if there's interest, I can work on creating a club discount for you guys...

That is very cool!  I drive by your place nearly everyday as well; will need to stop in one day to say hi!

I don't want to hijack this thread but I work out of the SD store. I just get to drive to all the stores to kind of check on things. Stop by any time!

2 hours ago, simicrintz said:

That is very cool!  I drive by your place nearly everyday as well; will need to stop in one day to say hi!

• Like 1

I'm at the Escondido store right now having some atc tires mounted. Trevor is asking for whom ever is in charge of club discounts from SDAR to please reach out to him as he'd like to work something out with us. Contact Trevor directly trevor@8ball.tires 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stageracer said:

Great guys and great prices. $50 mount if you bring the wheel into them

50 bucks?!!!  Holy crudballs....I guess I'll keep changing my own tires.:o

Just now, dirt dame said:

50 bucks?!!!  Holy crudballs....I guess I'll keep changing my own tires.:o

Probably about twice that if you bring the bike in?  Yeah, tires are not the funnest thing to do but when you have several bikes it's a job I do to keep some money in the beer fund.

1 hour ago, tntmo said:

Probably about twice that if you bring the bike in?  Yeah, tires are not the funnest thing to do but when you have several bikes it's a job I do to keep some money in the beer fund.

Well, I have a Coats tire changer and a spin balancing machine, so I may as well not let that go to waste.B)

10 hours ago, stageracer said:

Great guys and great prices. $50 mount if you bring the wheel into them

Are you sure it's not $50 for a set? Most shops charges about $20 to $25 a tire so I don't see why this place would charge twice as much.

I was thinking of Cycle Gear, my bad.  They want $25 per tire off the bike.

On 11/27/2018 at 7:46 PM, Oracle said:

Are you sure it's not $50 for a set? Most shops charges about $20 to $25 a tire so I don't see why this place would charge twice as much.

They balanced it as well

Thanks to @DSM8 I found out about 8 Ball and got a great deal on some Shinko 705's for my Super Tenere.

Dropped them off and an hour later they were done.

Thanks Dave!

• Like 2

They will match internet pricing.