Sign in to follow this  
socalhodaka

Hard Bags

This summer I will be doing a 3 week west to east coast road trip solo. I decided I wanted a little more security for my cameras and other stuff, I normally use soft bags and more off-road. I decided on the AcmeMoto2, I like the Pelican type material and the price point of under a grand for everything. I also like the fact that is top opening unlike the side opening on the pelican type. I will be testing them out soon on a 3 day trip around Arizona, but as of now I’m really digging them.

109AFE34-AFC5-4016-9C86-2533E71BC7E6.jpeg

576D84AA-4A08-40E0-8A3B-6C68616B7FED.jpeg

34EE18CD-6AD2-440E-8CE3-B7DA181F6D6E.jpeg

8F4B01D8-EF8A-4812-A225-62FE28305202.jpeg

48F10C69-3762-4167-960F-8B04EA19F577.jpeg

4B364295-1E97-46B3-99B7-FC409F36F52B.jpeg

Awesome ! How many miles round trip Kelly?

Nice looking ride

Taking the " Cross Sound Ferry" from New London CT to Orient Point / North Eastern tip of Long Island - might be a nice addition to this adventure.

Coastal farmland and vineyards can be a really nice ride, as you head west you can skate the madness of manhattan if you want..

OR

Spend the day on Long Island adventuring and take the ferry back to CT via " Port Jeff / Bridgeport"

FYI

Southeast LI - Hands down, some of the best beaches in New England.

Montauk - my fav

https://www.longislandferry.com

From the map it looks like you have a stop in Lansing, MI. Do you have business in Chicago or Southern Wisconsin? If not, I would highly recommend going north from Lansing through Michigan's upper peninsula and then into Wisconsin. Probably the best scenery in all the Northern states.

I've driven coast to coast 4 times and been almost everywhere in the lower 48. Be happy to offer more ideas for your routing.

Ditto on Pasta's suggestion.

Fort Mackinac - at the base of the 5 mile bridge on the "mainland" side prior to crossing to the U. P.  

Sault (Soo) Locks - they have a schedule and tracking screen of ships coming through and you can watch a crossing if ya time it right.

Tons of lighthouses to photo around the outside loop of the UP.

It is populated by Moose, so just be aware. We almost hit a youngster that popped outta the woods in front of us.

Safe travels!

Kelly, you better come see us on Long Island !!!  We'll be here for awhile.

Will show you around.