I went to Kalgary Texas to ride the round 3 Hare and Hound race.  Don't think I need to go back to Texas anytime soon.  Then I stopped by Moab on my way back.  I was going to Northern NM anyway, so it really wasn't too far out of my way and I've always wanted to go.  Absolutely need to go back to Moab.   I just bought a flying camera in the hope that sometime in the future I can make a video that captures what I saw in Moab.   Here's a Video of the trip.  It's a little long at 11 minutes but I tried some new things that might be fun.  The next two races are in Jericho UT. 

Comments on the vid are appreciated. 

Pete

Awesome Pete! Thanks for sharing...it was nice of you to let those guys pass you and get in front of you in order to clear the rocks and dust out of the way for you...:o:lol:

Pete,    Love the Attitude!  Goodly Edited

Dave

Awesome trip Pete. 

Moab is on my bucket list. 

I need to force my self into taking time off for a road trip. 

Great job on the video.  Thanks for sharing it.

Good Job Pete.- So that is what Texas looks like -- Mmmm ? looks very dry. The best video of slick rock trail I ever saw !!! 

Utah looks scary and awesome. Are you using A chest cam ?

The rocks do look a little scary, but the traction is awesome.  I think anyone with good clutch and brake control could ride those rocks safely and have fun.   I use a Sopro (Not GoPro)  chin mount for the camera. 

Cool vid Pete!  Mad props for making the trip to Texas! 

Love Moab too!  I've met buddies at Moab/Green River every April for the past 8 or so years.  We've done much of Moab "proper" and once did Slickrock Trail at night!   

Have spent the last couple years staying in Green River (about 40 mins from Moab) riding the White Wash Sand Dunes and San Rafael Swell areas.  There are a ton of awesome trails out that way to explore as well -  Ten Mile Wash, Dead Cow, Tubes, and the infamous 5 MOH.  I would recommend at least one day out there for anyone doing a multiple day trip to the Moab area.  Accomodations are generally a good bit cheaper in Green River as compared to Moab as well.

Thanks for sharing!  Keep the awesome vids coming!

Very cool !  We did the Slickrock Bike Trail years ago, I on my Ducati E900 Elefant, and 2 friends on an R100GS and R1200GS.  Great fun, challenging on the big bikes.