I am very proud of my daughter because she just finished an internship with the State Department in DC.   She took a semester off from UC Davis to do a ten week internship,  It took a lot of dedication on her part, (just to be chosen throughout the country to do that internship makes me proud of her) she had to take a bus to and from the State Department during her ten week internship shows me a ton of dedication(in the cold).  The contacts she has made are priceless for her career path.

I had the opportunity to celebrate with her dads style and that is on a motorcycle,  she met me in Miami  and I rented a big pig Harley and we drove down to Key west. It took us over six hours to get down to Key West because we enjoyed stoping in the towns along the way and did our best to take them all in with the short time we had to spend down there.  The roads with water on both sides of you take your breath away with all the beauty that you are trying to swallow and take in.  The miles of bridge crossing suspended above the water that you are traveling on is just unreal with its beauty alone. I highly recommend that if you ever get the chance to take this trip do because you will not forget it or regret it.   I love the small town of Key West and my daughter and I took all that we could take in of it. It is like no other place and truly a one of a kind town.  The history alone Key West is amazing from its beginning to Hemingways House to the defenses of our Country during the Cuba blockade.   My daughter and I really enjoyed a day at the beach along with touring the Hemingway house ( I highly recommend that if you make it down there).  The night life there is just plain fun.

Finally my daughter and I got to meet up with one of our SDAR boys and long riding partner Dan Diego in Naples, we had lunch at a Grill called Parrots and had some good eats.  Then Diego took us for a drive through some neighborhoods down to the beach where we talked about his upcoming ride and the rides we did.  Then Diego was kind enough to have conversations with my daughter to help guide her on some decisions toward her career path.  Well all good things or should I say travels have to come to an end, enjoyed every minute of my time with my daughter and the time I had with a good friend Diego.  Enjoy the picks.

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0484-2.JPG

IMG_0522.JPG

IMG_0535.JPG

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0558.JPG

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0578.JPG

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing! :good:

You did NOT wave to those Harley guys did you??? Cheesus Cripes!  Hand in your Dual Sport card as soon as you get home Dan.

Nice! The views going down to Key West are epic, and just when you think they cannot be topped, they get better.   

2 hours ago, Mikey777 said:

Nice! The views going down to Key West are epic, and just when you think they cannot be topped, they get better.   

I take it you have been down Mike!....It is truly epic like you said.

You’ve gotta be dang proud, Danny.  A couple great kids and, unfortunately, your daughter is taking after you: Motorbikes, tequila, impromptu travel. She’s pretty badass.

Great seeing you.

Danno-  I rode from Tampa to Key West and back with a law school buddy a few years ago.  I rented a big fat Harley like you did. It was like riding a couch.  We had blast, especially going across "Alligator Alley" at night.  There were huge gators on the side of the road here and there.  Not a place to break down or run out of gas.  The ride into the Keys is epic.  Each little island has its own little unique beauty to it.  Fun time!