SoCalMule

Golden Tyre 90/100-21 with Nitro-Mousse Results

Just now, robertaccio said:

Its all about friction=heat and how many hours on the mousses how hard they have been beat down, so many variables. For sure  though Number 1 is friction , so if you have the thing properly sized, snug and well lubed you will go above and beyond the standards.

example ZipTy racing did the entire vegas to reno on one set, very well lubed and tight in the tires, like 18psi feel , that is a very high speed race, they did this as a race strategy to limit pit stops and it almost worked. 

Also if you stay aware of them on pavement or long runs you can monitor your time at constant speed.

We have one crew member that has had his nitro mousses on from tecate to cabo and  still in his tires for single track use, he uses the silicone based factory lube and has relubed his regularly.

Lately for more serious riding (racing) Ive been using silicone lube (Michelin and Kreft bucket) its been wet and its waterproof lasts longer seems to have have the best lubricity and its lighter too,  but in the dry season I use the more simple easier to clean enforce tire soap bucket and relube regularly as it does lose moisture and dry out.

I gotta say these nitro mousses are very very good for me better/different feel than the Michelins. 

Very good information! Thanks for posting! 

1 hour ago, Ptkatoomer said:

Good review. Yep, you can tell there is a difference in the sourcing of the rubber compound for the two different tires. 

Ive posted this before but it kinda goes with this thread as well, production was mostly Andy and I with assist up at ZipTy Racing. Chilly also has a viddy on stuffing mousses.

15 hours ago, robertaccio said:

Ive posted this before but it kinda goes with this thread as well, production was mostly Andy and I with assist up at ZipTy Racing. Chilly also has a viddy on stuffing mousses.

Thanks Robert! Tire soap seems to be the way to go! 

you can get from ZipTy Racing or go deirectly to one of the truck tire websites, google Enforce Tire soap, you can order a big bucket. And like I said for "serious" stuff I still use silicone grease Michelin or packaged Kreft stuff.

11 hours ago, robertaccio said:

you can get from ZipTy Racing or go deirectly to one of the truck tire websites, google Enforce Tire soap, you can order a big bucket. And like I said for "serious" stuff I still use silicone grease Michelin or packaged Kreft stuff.

Understood! Thanks Robert!

Wallwart has the Shinko on their website for $$52.88. Free shipping. 

On 4/2/2018 at 8:47 AM, SoCalMule said:

Thanks Robert! Tire soap seems to be the way to go! 

That thick paste does look good. Ill have to order a bucket for the next mousse.

I also use electrical cable pulling lube from Lowes or Home Depot. Works great and cheap but it is water based and does dry out relatively quickly (a month or so).

On 4/4/2018 at 5:44 PM, Ken S said:

Wallwart has the Shinko on their website for $$52.88. Free shipping. 

That seems to be the going rate just about everywhere I shop. RMatvmc, Americanmototire, Slavens, etc. are all right there.