Sign in to follow this  
Dress4Less

Alta Motors Co.

Glen Helen 24-25 MAR   1000-1500 Alta MXR Demo rides.

If you have not ridden one of these I HIGHLY recommend it.

I rode the EX model (softer enduro suspension a little less torque and HP, street legal) up at Cahuilla 2 weeks ago. WP 4CS forks.

I never switched it out of map 1 of 4.

They had the new MXR model but not for demo, they were just riding around and testing. AER48 Forks.

Far exceeded my expectations, I know within 1 lap of the vet track I was faster on the Alta than on my YZ125.

Still a little heavy but better than most dirt bikes I've ever ridden,  I would race that bike in an XC/Enduro as is, with zero second  thought given, it's that good.

Great feedback Robert...same things my son was telling me from CO. He got to Demo one up there. I believe Moto -Forza and GP Cycles deal them here locally. No BRAAAAAAAP sounds but, here in Cali it could become the way of the future...

3 hours ago, Dress4Less said:

Great feedback Robert...same things my son was telling me from CO. He got to Demo one up there. I believe Moto -Forza and GP Cycles deal them here locally. No BRAAAAAAAP sounds but, here in Cali it could become the way of the future...

Yes GP and Moto Forza are dealers, and the price is so close now to a top tier 450 race bike (Husky/KTM$) or the 500EXC-F/ FE501S, the battery tech is changing so fast the weight will be there soon I'm sure. 50HP almost 150lbs feet of torque....you could tow a truck out of the mud....

The spec of the MXR is really quite nutty.

Yup can't wait for a couple more years when battery tech is capable of a 3 or 4 hr trail ride and maybe loose 20+lbs i would definitely buy it. Especially if plated too

20 hours ago, robertaccio said:

Yes GP and Moto Forza are dealers, and the price is so close now to a top tier 450 race bike (Husky/KTM$) or the 500EXC-F/ FE501S, the battery tech is changing so fast the weight will be there soon I'm sure. 50HP almost 150lbs feet of torque....you could tow a truck out of the mud....

The spec of the MXR is really quite nutty.

I have to stop aging so quickly...so I can still be riding when the weight of the E-bikes comes down, and the ride time increases!

20 hours ago, Bp619 said:

Yup can't wait for a couple more years when battery tech is capable of a 3 or 4 hr trail ride and maybe loose 20+lbs i would definitely buy it. Especially if plated too

Father time is calling...I need that 3-4 hr. ride time now! 

go onto youtube  and search Alta Motors, there are mega tests from top tier riders and discussions about ride times. the ECU controls the battery discharge rate.

2 hours ago, robertaccio said:

go onto youtube  and search Alta Motors, there are mega tests from top tier riders and discussions about ride times. the ECU controls the battery discharge rate.

Been researching the last few days...amazing specs and output...except time between charging (for me anyway..) as I'm no longer a "track guy."

1 hour ago, PastaPilot said:

Yeah bummer wonder if just a way to restructure and get publicity for a new investor seems too sudden, keeping up with racing and sponsorship and just shut down. Was honestly gonna look into getting one in 2020

I thought the same initially. They must have a tremendous debt from r&d and marketing and this is just restructuring the debt for future progress. Let's hope so. Like you I was considering one. Would be great for stealth rides in my neighborhood canyons. 

bummer. hope for future investment. If only I was a billionaire....