Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

ALTA Redshift Ebike

Was up riding my YZ125 at the vet track at Cahuilla Creek and the Alta rep was there. I jumped at the opportunity to demo the EX model (which was the only demo bike). This is an eye-opening experience. YOU need to ride one of these things. What else to say.....just really you really need to ride one of these. That EX model was about 265lbs, but they had a non demo new MX model at 230 with full boat WP AER48 forks/WP shock, new more powerful motor and new electronics. Powerful more powerful you must be kidding. I rode the EX on level 1 and felt no need to use the other 3 step up more power settings. If we did lap times I was probably faster on the Alta after only a couple of laps (not that I'm fast anyway, especially on an MX track) . This is an amazing piece of equipment. 

Its so close now, really no longer just a play bike---- battery tech is changing rapidly and these guys are right with it. engineering wise the cool thing is that to upgrade it will be a quick battery assy change. the machine is right there..very close to our liquid fuel burners.  Oh yea look on the website  the new MXR version comp bike is 50HP with get this 147 foot lbs of torque from ZERO RPM up to 14000 on the motor.... that's just nuts on a 260 pound machine.

I told my dealer GP Motorcycles ( San Diego's Alta dealer). that I would race the EX version as it is out of the box in a XC/Enduro single track event it is that ready to go.

So the MXR model is double down. as stated by tvscum the main thing holding her back is battery range, the weight as well but that's tolerable even now as it is. It is still less than many DS machines.