Jump to content
San Diego Adventure Riders
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Bagstr

South Carrizo Wash Friday 0800

Recommended Posts

EDITED Wednesday PM

OK - We are now Friday Ride 0800

"Watching Weather,,,, But short of Downpour riding Thursday."

     The weather forecast is calling for 35-40 mile winds Thursday, chance of rain.  Not worried about rain but,,,

   I would like to move this to FRIDAY, unless you guys have a big problem re-scheduling. Cool but not windy Friday currently forecast. 

                         Show-Up 0800 rolling about 0900

    Bagstr

Carrizo Valley

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=32.95464652163357&lon=-116.18853092193604&site=sgx&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text#.WqgO35PwbqR

In Ko Pah

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-116.18981874548192&lat=32.65402288122222#.WqgPlpPwbqQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Bagstr said:

Watching Weather,,,, But short of Downpour riding Thursday.

I'm in! Where should I meet you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Look for the South Carrizo Parking waypoint.  This is on S-2 opposite Bow Willow campground.  I/4 mile east in the trees on smooth gravel road.

Approximately 75 miles of deep sand, rocky two track and BIG landscapes.  No gas or food on route.  Tubes, tools and water. Everyone gets to have a good time.  Radios help the flow 146.505

      Thank you MR. B,  I have been wearing that link out.   With any luck we will get a bit of moisture on the track.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=32.95464652163357&lon=-116.18853092193604&site=sgx&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text#.WqbC2ZPwbqQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bagstr said:

  Look for the South Carrizo Parking waypoint.  This is on S-2 opposite Bow Willow campground.  I/4 mile east in the trees on smooth gravel road.

Approximately 75 miles of deep sand, rocky two track and BIG landscapes.  No gas or food on route.  Tubes, tools and water. Everyone gets to have a good time.  Radios help the flow 146.505

      Thank you MR. B,  I have been wearing that link out.   With any luck we will get a bit of moisture on the track.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=32.95464652163357&lon=-116.18853092193604&site=sgx&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text#.WqbC2ZPwbqQ

Okay so we meet up at 8am here? "Look for the South Carrizo Parking waypoint.  This is on S-2 opposite Bow Willow campground.  I/4 mile east in the trees on smooth gravel road."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Yes, roll-in 0800hrs.  Chatter, admire bikes, discuss trails.  Actual ride could be about 10:00 am. 

    Sandy Hair and Rock-Headedness all around!

   Young people may apply for waivers

i-pTR64f8-L.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bagstr said:

 Yes, roll-in 0800hrs.  Chatter, admire bikes, discuss trails.  Actual ride could be about 10:00 am. 

    Sandy Hair and Rock-Headedness all around!

   Young people may apply for waivers

i-pTR64f8-L.jpg

Great! I hereby request one mulligan! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vanjoosten said:

Lurking... 

Yeah buddy, get out there and have a blast. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meeting here?

8-10 is a long time to talk bikes. If it were ten I could sleep in until 8 then ride out😉

0ED4AE82-4549-4C5C-993D-DA55188F34CD.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best not to take it literally. With a 8 am meet time, it's rarely been later than 9 for KSU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, paulmbowers said:

Best not to take it literally. With a 8 am meet time, it's rarely been later than 9 for KSU.

Well I missed you guys by that much last time🙌

B806C5B5-8FAA-4020-8CF9-F8F2077C768A.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  See First Post for possible reschedule to Friday.   

                   :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bagstr said:

  See First Post for possible reschedule to Friday.   

                   :o

Will keep an eye on rescheduling procedures enactment phase one. :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still in and thanks for your diligence and flexible nature.

And yes, Mark, still got you covered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be sure to keep an eye on the rain conditions up at the top of the escarpment in the laguna mountains. those washes are called washes because.......well you all know that answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, robertaccio said:

Be sure to keep an eye on the rain conditions up at the top of the escarpment in the laguna mountains. those washes are called washes because.......well you all know that answer.

Because we get clean?

 

I’m bringing my Head & Shouders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm good with either day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×