Sign in to follow this  
haywood

Local desert question

Is it legal to ride green sticker dirt bikes in the desert just north and west of the wind mill farms in Ocotillo. Specifically, up around Dos Cabezas road, the railroad tracks, the water tower? That area and maybe the east side of the highway.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Uncle Champ said:

We had quads in our group riding around there. You could ...check a map, but I think you are OK.

Thanks. 

I was out there over the holidays cruising through the area in a four wheel drive. I remember seeing a sign along the tracks, not too far from the water tower. I did not get a picture and I can't remember what it said.

Once you go beyond that sign its no Bueno. I believe it part of the Anza Borrego state park but the east side of the highway is okay though up to about the border checkpoint.

13 minutes ago, royboyz said:

Once you go beyond that sign its no Bueno. I believe it part of the Anza Borrego state park but the east side of the highway is okay though up to about the border checkpoint.

That's what I thought. Bummer.

CA is not the same state I moved to 31 years ago. :(

Yeah, I have a plated dual sport bike, but the old YZ is just so much fun. 

This is Exactly why the area inside Anza Borrego Desert State Park is so exceptional. The two track in the park is 3 times better than the beat up stuff outside. I am holding back my thoughts.  Go live in Arizona if you want to ride Arizona Trails. 

:o :huh: :lol:     Bagstr

As a point of information:  We ride from the Borrego Dump area up Inspiration Wash. The area outside the ABDSP, guys ride wherever and trash the place. The scenic inspiration is gone.  Transport yourself past the " Signs " and it is a different world.. There is a space inside the park at the boundary where guys can't control their behavior, cutting new trails etc. Pisses me off. 

Haywood,  I am Not saying your crew would tear the place up. It is just the reference to the good old days. If we rode the Park like the good old days, it would be trash. 

All the valley around dos cabanas is state park and for plated vehicles only.

green sticker?

Plaster city, ocotillo, superstition,ocotillo wells

14 hours ago, Bagstr said:

This is Exactly why the area inside Anza Borrego Desert State Park is so exceptional. The two track in the park is 3 times better than the beat up stuff outside. I am holding back my thoughts.  Go live in Arizona if you want to ride Arizona Trails. 

:o :huh: :lol:     Bagstr

As a point of information:  We ride from the Borrego Dump area up Inspiration Wash. The area outside the ABDSP, guys ride wherever and trash the place. The scenic inspiration is gone.  Transport yourself past the " Signs " and it is a different world.. There is a space inside the park at the boundary where guys can't control their behavior, cutting new trails etc. Pisses me off. 

Haywood,  I am Not saying your crew would tear the place up. It is just the reference to the good old days. If we rode the Park like the good old days, it would be trash. 

I hear ya. My 'crew' and I are all mature gentlemen (old farts) who know how to stay on roads and trails and respect our surroundings. I know not everybody acts the same way.

Thanks to You and your crew Haywood.   Sorry to go off,  I get over protective on the subject of  Park preservation.  I look forward to seeing you out there on an isolated canyon!

Bags

P.S. -  My crew is old, but haven't started farting yet.      B)