brianpc

Otay mountain OHV / trails?

Hi All,

Still new around here (and new-ish to SD) and learning the riding spots.  So far been mostly to Corral Canyon.  I see a few things here and there about Otay mountain trails / OHV - but nothing with that name here.  Is it called something else, or is it closed, and is it good riding (if it's open / OHV area)?  

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Most of it is plated . Part of it is OHV especially near Marron Valley entrance.

Its patrolled by Rangers .

Good trails out there .

Watch out for oncoming cars or trucks and motorcycles

Steer clear of the border patrol nests on the southern end.

You gonna throw out an invite to find people to scope it out with?

Or is this a solo mission? 

On 2/28/2018 at 11:59 AM, 350thumper said:

You gonna throw out an invite to find people to scope it out with?

Or is this a solo mission? 

Be happy to!  Just not sure when I'm going yet..  Might try a weekday next week.

On 3/9/2018 at 9:09 AM, brianpc said:

Be happy to!  Just not sure when I'm going yet..  Might try a weekday next week.

I ride in the afternoons around Otay mountains sometimes after work. Let me know if you have 2 or 3 hours to ride starting around 3 pm or so next week.

Hey all, we don't condone going around locked gates. Please don't post about that on this forum.

Y'all should know better.

13 hours ago, Kiwi Wayne said:

I don't see anything about locked gates. Am I missing something?

The post has been deleted

13 hours ago, Kiwi Wayne said:

I don't see anything about locked gates. Am I missing something?

My bad. I didnt know that gate was locked .. I never checked it  :ph34r:

Hello, I am new to the dual sport world.  Had my Yamaha xt 250 since Feb..  I was out at Otay this weekend.  Met a guy named Tim who was really into border protection and putting up little flags all around the different trails.  Not my thing but he seemed like a cool enough guy.  He was mentioning the different ride options. He said he could ride from Imperial Beach to Yuma on the different dirt roads and trails.  Specifically it sounded like the road that runs along the border wall.   Looking forward to doing more exploration around the area

There are several shades of accuracy to his statement... some places are "off limits", others OK to ride. 

Curious to learn more about "Tim". 

Best advice is travel fast and leave no trace. 

Interested in these little flags that Tim is putting up.. Are they trail markers for new trails ? Braa-puh- raaap.

No I don't believe they are trail markers. When I mentioned flags, they are small US flags.   He seems to be more into patriotism of border protection.  He gave me a card for his website which is americanpatriotguardians.com.  He was a really nice guy but he seemed to be more into border protection rather than just riding his bike for fun.  He had a Honda 250 and seemed to know quite a bit about the different trail around the area.

Oh ok id like to get a couple little american flags for the rear fender of my 650. That would be sweet to rock my country's pride where ever i go (yeehoo)Especially near the border to support our troops. 

Hope 2 see 250 tim out there. Hit him up for some trail knowledge. And some sweet flag patriotism. 

My bike is red white and blue . Go'merica.

Speaking of new trails out there, are there any?

I got a chuckle from this part on his page :)    Pretty sure I work with some of the last sentence folks every day (don't we all?!), and I am not in Law Enforcement.  I like the flag idea!

The United States Customs and Border Protection Officers are real live, modern day, gun totin', badge wearin', American heroes.  Anyone who is unable to comprehend this simple fact is a real live, modern day, American moron and you have our sympathy.

Ya what he said.. Especially the moron part.

Itchin to get out there .as soon as my new main jet comes in so i can enjoy all of the beauty, solitude, and now patriatism the otay trails has to offer.

(bike sputters at 3/4 to full throttle)

Braaa,cough,raaaap.

I’m in for this weekend whatever day. 

Someone call out a ride. 

Want to try the hill climbs. 

4 hours ago, simicrintz said:

I got a chuckle from this part on his page :)    Pretty sure I work with some of the last sentence folks every day (don't we all?!), and I am not in Law Enforcement.  I like the flag idea!

The United States Customs and Border Protection Officers are real live, modern day, gun totin', badge wearin', American heroes.  Anyone who is unable to comprehend this simple fact is a real live, modern day, American moron and you have our sympathy.

No comprendo! 

I liked the "real live, modern day, American moron" part!  Watched some of his videos as well; interesting feller.....

19 hours ago, Ken S said:

I’m in for this weekend whatever day. 

Someone call out a ride. 

Want to try the hill climbs. 

Saturday is looking good.

On 4/18/2018 at 6:51 AM, 350thumper said:

Saturday is looking good.

Is there a plan yet?

Saturday 9am. Pio Pico. 

Hope you can make it Rory. 

All are welcome.