KLR650

SD-->Cabo Before Summer (March-->May 2018)

Ha- I didn't even know I had an account on here that I created in 2007.  When I bought a KLR650.  Cool!

Anyways, that first purchase has led me other bikes over the years and now I am planning a trip down to Cabo on one of them (possibly riding back up, or possibly ship bike back which I heard you can do for $300 which I have yet to verify.)

What type of ride?  Dirt or pavement?  How technical?

Good question and one I have been asking myself.  I have bikes that could handle either, but honestly, I kind of want to make it a leisurely trip down on the r1200 GSA.  Most of my baja exploring has been on surf trips in Baja Norte.  Not super familiar with anything S of Scorpion Bay.  Open to doing some hardpack on the way- but probably nothing much more adventurous than that on this first.  If you want to try to convince me to take the Husky 701 down I could be open to the discussion.  I kind of just want to go down and explore the lay of the land a bit, have some tacos, and drink some cervezas.

When?

Would like to do it before summer.  Ideally sometime in March, possibly April, last resort May.

Anyways- would be nice to have a riding partner.  I do most trips alone- but that's just because it is hard to rally people.  This looks like a good place to take a stab at it.  Only a few requirements:  you are easy going, you know how to ride a bit (e.g. didn't just pick up a bike,) and your bike is in good/great mechanical order.

IMG_20170814_170324.jpg

thanks for the invite, I'd love to but not this year (time constraints).

Is that Mt. Fitz Roy?  And if so, please tell me you posted a RR and where I can find it.

I'd be in if it could be about 15 Apr or later, I'm pretty booked up until then but really want to do a ride down there!

4 hours ago, Zubb said:

thanks for the invite, I'd love to but not this year (time constraints).

Is that Mt. Fitz Roy?  And if so, please tell me you posted a RR and where I can find it.

That would during a ride last year through Cascade National Park in Washington.  

3 hours ago, tntmo said:

I'd be in if it could be about 15 Apr or later, I'm pretty booked up until then but really want to do a ride down there!

It is possible it could be that late- though I am getting the itch!

Looks like this trip is most likely departing in about a week- either Sunday 13th or Monday the 14th.  8-10 days.  As far south as Loreto or La Paz.