robertaccio

AMA National Hare and Hound (Local D38 zone) 24FEB2018

This weekend our only local and first National H&H for the first time a bunch of years. A National in our local dez. D38s Road Runners MC is the sponsor club. Come out and ride it/support it or watch it. The loop 2 sections should deliver a solid spectator view. 

Dez dash folks will possibly catch a glimpse of the course???

some really good viddy posted already. cool drone stuff and a great Hcam of the B loop (loop 2) from friend in 50A class John K (former Nat 1 50A)

drone from B loop of Pros coming through....we did same but not quite as fast.

will add later.

Robert,  I looked at your results and you kicked ass!   Congrats on a good run.   I got 4th out of 7 in the Super Seniors C class.  And I'm happy with that.    I got my video out but the first loop was mostly flat so not very interesting video.  

Pete

For what it's worth ...

participate never sit on the sidelines and spectate, great run don't sell yourself short the Loop A had its challenges as well, hard and rocky, smooth hard, deep whoops both hard and very soft deep sand, sandy rocky so it too was a big mix, of very fast if you wanted and slow when needed. You just finished a National! good on ya.

here's Johns loop B viddy, he finished 5th to my 9th, the 30 mile B loop was worthy/burley, when he left the pits I was off to the left.

Wow.  Now I know why they didn't let any novice riders do the second loop.  Those hills look really steep from a camera that tends to make things look flatter than they really are.  

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:22 PM, HacksawPete said:

Wow.  Now I know why they didn't let any novice riders do the second loop.  Those hills look really steep from a camera that tends to make things look flatter than they really are.  

Yes the 2nd loop had some pucker factor spots, for me I was gentlemanly and didn't play the agro push through game, my worst spot was completely on me getting lost for a while on the backside of the mountain, I think that cost me the most time along with a couple of conga line slow downs, where in some cases I could have pushed by and got some time back. I just felt great to get the clean finish after having my first fail DNF at the 100s MC 2017 final where I felt really weak and shitty and only finished 2 of the 3 loops , my first H&H DNF. Cant wait for the 18 100s MC final bike is great and my physical program is solid this year.

Whew! That looked like some work...nicely done! :good: