Scud

About time I joined...

Hi Guys - 

I've been on the "fringe" of SDAR for a while, and figured it's about time I joined the site. I've been on several Desert Dashes on two different Husqvarnas and will be at the one next week on my TE 450... or possibly on a new 701 Enduro. I go by Scud on WildGuzzi.com and V11LeMans.com - and Scud_CA on Ducati.ms.

If I get the new 701 I am going to "thin the herd" and get down to three bikes - keeping the Ducati ST3 and the Moto Guzzi Scura. I just sold a BMW K75s last night - so the TE450 and the 2000 Moto Guzzi Sport (aka Greenie) may be up for sale soon. 

I don't ride as much technical single track as I used to, and I miss my KTM 950 Adventure. I'm thinking that the 701 Enduro would give me the ability to ride true 50/50 trips, still be plenty potent for serious dirt riding. I want to be able to leave my house on the bike, have fun on the twisties, then turn off on the dirt and have a real dirt bike (that's light enough to pick up when I ride by myself). My favorite place to ride dirt is up is the mountains, especially Mammoth and Bishop - been on the VCMC Bishop ride a few times and some other rides with Stewards of Sequoias and Stewards of Sierras.

A cool 50/50 day ride to me would be something like going to Idylwild. I want to do some longer "exploring" rides - like a weekend in Death Valley without trucking the bike. Maybe do the Thanksgiving weekend Barstow to Vegas ride someday - then just ride home from Vegas on the bike. So that's what I'm thinking the 701 would do for me. Opinions? Snarky comments?

Welcome fellow TE 450 owner.  Yep...some day I will retire my 11 year old steed in favor of something like a new 501.

TE450 owners unite!  Welcome to the group, see ya on the trail.